So the Interference strategy...

Sybarite

... looks really interesting and fun. I haven't tried it yet, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on it. There was some discussion on it in the neverborn forum and I thought we could have an arcanist discussion on it. Do you like it? 

I think molemen could be pretty nice since they're very good at hopping out of engagement ranges, tunneling between quarters and are cheap little critters who are rather hard to pin down and remove for their cost.

Otherwise I'm thinking of hiring Waldgeists, but they're filthy neverborn and I am now thinking from a Marcus perspective.

What master would you take and what kind of crew, and how would you play them? :)

You should be hiring those filthy Waldegeists! They seem very solid.

In faction I think that the humble Metal Gamin can be pretty good. Molemen could be very good at harassing chunks of enemies by bolting in and out. 

As for other masters, I think Ramos and his little spider friends are one of the best bets in this strategy. Throw in a Mech Rider who can summon Metal Gamin too, and most opponents will have a very hard time running away or match the numbers.

I imagine Malifaux Raptors would be quite good for this one. You can use them to engage enemy ranged units that can cause lot of damage without getting engaged if you let them. If you are against lots of melee models instead, you could also just keep burying them and bringing them back at the end of each turn trying to engage maximum number of enemy models while keeping them out of harms way most of the time.

• Like 1

I imagine Malifaux Raptors would be quite good for this one. You can use them to engage enemy ranged units that can cause lot of damage without getting engaged if you let them. If you are against lots of melee models instead, you could also just keep burying them and bringing them back at the end of each turn trying to engage maximum number of enemy models while keeping them out of harms way most of the time.

Malifaux raptors will definitely be great in interference. You can hang them back and with some luck or without your opponent planning specifically for your 3ss model they might even be able to take multiple enemy models out of the strategy. Assuming their Take to the skies ability happens before you calculate VP's?

Marcus is pretty much the Neverborn-iest of the Arcanists. "Hi, I'm a fast-moving melee fighter with some devastatingly good Wp-resist effects! I hire Silurids and Waldgeists and use hit-and-run tactics!"

Er, anyway, I suspect that Soulstone Miners will be great for Interference, both for gaining VP and for denying it.

I've played this a couple of times, and can confirm that Raptors are awesome for it.  Your opponent will have no opportunity to react to where you place them before you calculate VPs. This can cause them a massive headache in terms of where and how they can claim quarters. IMO two Raptors are almost an auto include in this strategy.

You're generally looking to engage multiple enemy with a single model to gain a quarter advantage so anyone who can push enemy or friendly models is worth considering. Also models who can easily escape melee themselves are worth having. 

Aye, Raptors seem quite ridiculously overpowered for this Strategy.

What is the interference strategy? I'm a noob and have no clue what you all are talking about.

DS

One of the new alternative Strategies that was introduced in Gaining Grounds tournament rules set for 2015. You can get it here:

http://wyrd-games.net/community/files/file/52-gaining-grounds/

Hmm I am generally hesitant to hire insignificant models but I can certainly see the appeal of taking a raptor or maybe two in this strategy :)

Peons get a little better with GG2015.

They can deny (but not score) in Interference and they don't drop heads in Head Hunter / or give points in Bounty so they're less of a liability than they were.

This is good for us Arcanists as between On Burning Wings and Practised Production we have ways to get them to drop scheme markers.