Frost - Bite

Thedirtofluck

I have just ordered the Rasputina box and wondering which direction to take it in.

I wondered if any one has tried loading a list with devour models? I am thinking sabertooth cerebus, wendigo and hoarcat pride?

General plan would be to throw cats forward with a golem, decembers touch the cats with the wendigo and raspy and then freeze over through it to paralyze and then use the cats to go an devour.  

With the mobility of the cats and cerebus, the ability to bounce freeze over through any model with the use of decembers touch it seems a reasonable idea to me.

I know devour is hard to get off but i think with the number of devour attemps this list could potentially get out a turn you are likely to get at least 1 and burn your opponents hand pretty quick?

Thoughts?

My first thought is that this would be particularly fun against Gremlins, or a Neverborn list with a lot of dolls or tots, since against Ht1 models you wouldn't need to paralyze in order to devour. Otherwise, though, it seems like a lot of energy to put into a move that your opponent will have lots of chances to counter. That said, if you can put the fear of devouring into them and force them to spend their hand preventing it, could work well! I've never had much luck with devour but let us know how it goes.

Just to say cerberus don't have devour. And I don't have the cards to hand but doesn't it need to be a living model? if thats so then the whole thing will struggle against a crew that isn't alive.

Its an interesting list, and when it works, it should work well, but you need to include a plan B (ironically, like a Cerberus).

Its very hand dependant as well. Mind you, mass paralyse is solid all on its own.

Yeah devour only works on living. The thing with the cats though is that they need a high :crow to devour (high since they only have Ml 4). So you are just not going to devour very much, as hoping to top deck a :crow feels like waste of AP. Their devour is more of a once in a blue moon they will both be position and you have the cards and can laugh as they kill something expensive. They are not horrible without devouring things anyway so if you like the models you can have them around for that time when the planets align.

I've been able to use devour on the wendigo with a decent  :crow  in hand but the cats seem way more situational. As mentioned, they are not bad models to include regardless of devour, but I doubt its an ability you can bank on reliably. 

One thing to remember if you do feel inclined to run a list like this is raspy's "shatter" upgrade. With a  :-fate  :-fate  to DF duels, even MI4 attack can reliable hit.