Planning UKGT 2015

OldManMyke

Hi all

Just a few questions to enable us to nail down final details for next years event.  As previously mentioned it will be in the same venue as this years was with aims to do 100 people.

So questions

#1 For Sat evening would you prefer to stay at the hall and play boardgames etc. or go to different venue

#2 100 people means 7 games. Should we try and do game 1 Friday (7.30pm start) or later finish Sunday

#3 Which food option did you prefer, Baked Pot or the Buffet

#4 If you pick Sunday for #2 would you be happier with an earlier start (9am rather than 10am)

Thanks for any feedback you can give

I didnt attend this year, but wanted to.....here are my thoughts should i get a ticket for next year.

1. No thoughts either way as i don't know what was what.

2. Friday game is out. I'd have a distance to travel and would rather not take the Friday off work to do so.

3. Again, no thoughts either way. If i don't like the food, i'm a big boy and can order something.

4. Early start is fine by me.

early start sun ok for me, should a ticket be available (is 100 players the maximum u can hold),

what about playing an extra game sat night so u still get to do 7 games in total.

food anything will do as like surrylee says we can order something if we dont like the food.

just wanting to play against lots of people in a frendly happy enviroment

1. I liked the venue we went to, was a great evening

2: No game on Friday please

3: Buffet

4: For people that have to travel far (or even fly), a not too late finish is better. Lots of trains and flights don't leave that late on a Sunday in the UK, and getting to airports/train stations takes time as well.

Aiming for a ticket this year as well, thoughts:

1)  Probably the Hall, boardgames can be a great icebreaker for people new to the tournament scene

2)  Sunday - having to travel will mean that additional pressures will be added trying to get there for Friday, register (assuming) and then get my head in the game after a full day at work.

3) As Surreylee says - no preference, I can sort myself out if needs be. buffet is always easier to choose from, but harder to organise :D

4) Earlier is fine, later is fine. Sunday is golden!

Hi all

Just a few questions to enable us to nail down final details for next years event.  As previously mentioned it will be in the same venue as this years was with aims to do 100 people.

So questions

#1 For Sat evening would you prefer to stay at the hall and play boardgames etc. or go to different venue

#2 100 people means 7 games. Should we try and do game 1 Friday (7.30pm start) or later finish Sunday

#4 If you pick Sunday for #2 would you be happier with an earlier start (9am rather than 10am)

Thanks for any feedback you can give

#1 I for one really liked the beerhall (and I wasn't even drinking!)- just slightly more food was needed

#2 Id like to say Friday, but I would struggle to do a full day of work, pick up the other guys and ensure I was up on time. 

#3 Either

#4 To echo Maria, not finishing too late is brilliant- I could actually face the next day! Having an earlier start doesn't bother me- I'm up no latter than 6.00 on any day of the weel so playing games by 9.00 or even 8.00 is fine by me- its the late finished followed by driving home with Mali-ache (Malifaux-enduce-migrane); that i'm not a fan of...

I replied on Twitter but this seems a tidier way of keeping information together.

#1 The experience of the different venue was nice, but an issue at the time was space. 100 players means that finding another venue to go to would be an added cost for yourself as a TO which becomes an added cost for the players.

Also, the hall is big enough and if we have the bar open offers what the majority of people would want without having to leave, sort odd car journeys out etc.

As others have said, something for dinner would need to be arranged though.

#2 Friday night could be doable but for some it may be a struggle, either getting the day off, making it on time if they are flying in etc.

Also personally after a 7 hour journey I'd rather be allowed to chill out the Friday night.

Later finish Sunday causes some issues but I think they are not as many as a Friday start.

#3 I think I preferred the buffet, however this was mostly due to the quality of the jacket potato itself. Hot food is always appreciated and if the GT is later in the year it will probably be appreciated for more so.

#4 Earlier start Sunday is preferred. I love a lie in but as the Sunday start doesn't take as long as the first day it's still a little easier, especially if tables are not moved about as people can know exactly where they need to be in the morning.

Earlier start rather than late finish also reflects the fact I would like to be home by Sunday :-)

Don't need a certain someone anymore tired when driving. 

#1 Flares! or stay in the hall and boardgame, that's probably more sensible

#2 Later finish Sunday

#3 Buffet (but like Ben, that's probably influenced for the lump of charcoal that was passed as a spud)

#4 Earlier start (but reserve prerogative to change my mind if Flares is chosen as the evening venue  ;) )

I would say later Sunday. Will be cheaper for people to stay (one night accommodation less) I live a 4.5 minute cycle from the hall so am happy to play Friday evening :P

As for the evening side of things I am happy to do both. I couldn't make it to the evening shenanigans this year :(

Definately the buffet. I'm a growing lad and need more than a baked potato to sustain me lol

I'm a big boy I can handle my hangover and make it to an event, although the Team Gt was a close call :P

#1 I'm happy to stay at the hall or go someone else.

#2 Been thinking a lot about this today, later on Sunday would be much better.

#3Buffet was much better, mainly because I felt like I'd actually eaten after it, unlike the baked potato which I thought was rather terrible haha

#4 I'd be happier with an earlier start, might have to find another hotel though as breakfast was really late starting in our (or find somewhere else to eat breakfast).

Another did not attend this year but hoping to next year and my options would be:

#1 Not too bothered either way.  I get gamed out so not sure I'd want more games in the evening but some sort of social effort would be good.

#2 Definitely no to a Friday.  I'm a lecturer which means no time off during term time so if I'm teaching I couldn't make it there for a Friday game (plus it means extra night in a hotel for some people).  7 games also seems a lot to me, I'd be prepared for fewer than that but not sure how that works with numbers etc.

#3 Meh, food is food!  Buffet's always invite the problem of people taking too much (or being perceived as taking too much) but does give more options.

#4 Depends on how social the Saturday night gets!  I think later start and later finish is probably better though some people are going to have a distance to travel.

Ultimately you're not going to please everybody!

Not moving venues is preferred if suitable food is available (or nearby) and there will be space to play

Sunday - plenty of time based on this year's experience

either

9am is fine for me - I'm not a heavy drinker

As a foreigner that will try to attend I would probably give the following answers:

#1: Same venue would be nice if you can get food and drink there, but ultimately it doesn't matter too much.

#2: Both are unfortunate and either option would require at least one vacation day on either friday or monday.

#3: Buffet

#4: Depends on flights, but assuming a free friday the earler the finish the higher chance there may be a late flight back, so as early as possible.

I would personally not mind an early start and 5 games on saturday and then a slightly later (10 am) start on sunday followed by 2 final games. It takes a bit from eating and drinking on saturday, but should allow for any Swedish posse to be able to grab an afternoon/evening (7-8pm) flight back home.