I have chosen Neverborn!

Kuwanger23

So, after dabbling in this game about three years ago and never gaining any real interest in it I have come back to 2E after seeing the new plastics and hearing nothing but good about it.  I used to play Ressers but the model line and masters for Neverborn really drew me in.  That doesn't mean I won't someday also play ressers again.  

So I started out by picking up the following to learn the game:

Pandora box w/Teddy

Lilith Box with additional nephlim box

So I have a decent start.  I played 2 games thus far with pandora and absolutely love her.  Teddy is good but that rider model seems even more bonkers.  My GF also likes NB so she shares my models right now.  She gets to play Lilith while I play pandora.  I thought at first when playing against black blood that the individual pings of damage was horrible for me.  But then my next 50ss game I played against someone stacking armor.  

Next on my list of things to get is more masters.  Though I want to become solid with the two I have I know that making lists per scenario is better off.  So Zoraida is next for me.  And probably Jacob Lynch.  Eventually I will get all of the boxes.  I sourced out a cheap collodi box at a store I shop at.  But I am really reluctant to by metal as I am waiting for all the plastics.  If I can find used metals for cheap I will buy/trade.  And I will support my local gaming shop when i buy my plastics.  

Anyway, what do you guys recommend next for a purchase? Hooded rider?  He seems very silly.  

Give you a back ground of my play style in most table tops:

I play cryx and Circle, Vamp counts and Chaos.  Usually like magic and melee.  Love movement tricks and tricky tactics more so than straight forward.  This is why I am loving Pandora right now so far.  

Thanks guys!  

Dan 

You have enough big hitters already, I'd stay away from Hooded Rider for now. Waldgeists and Silurids are two core minions that work great with every Neverborn Master that would be great purchases. Especially if you are both playing Neverborn. Also Widow Weaver is amazing with Pandora and Lilitu is great for Lure and having synergy with both Masters. Also Doppelganger is good swiss army knife piece. 

A box of Depleted. Even before you get into Lynch, they are the best road blocks Neverborn have, and make things like Turf War and Reconnoitre much easier. I hate playing against them, and as I play Guild and Guild is not known for their problems with removing models, that should tell you something.

If a 4 SS model can take three hits from Lady Justice, there is something totally bonkers going on.

Pick up Zoraida, she will give you the silurids which are great scheme runners and Bad juju who works very well with either Zoraida or Pandora, not so sure about Lilith as I don't play here.
Zoraida also gives you a different play style again and when combined with the Widow Weaver and a stitched together creates an interesting doll factory.

From there Tannen, Stitched Together, Wicked dolls, The widow weaver, Beckoners and Waldergiest would be my suggestions as they will all work well with any of those three masters.

A box of Depleted. Even before you get into Lynch, they are the best road blocks Neverborn have, and make things like Turf War and Reconnoitre much easier. I hate playing against them, and as I play Guild and Guild is not known for their problems with removing models, that should tell you something.

If a 4 SS model can take three hits from Lady Justice, there is something totally bonkers going on.

They are amazing aren't they. :D

• Like 1

They are amazing aren't they. :D

They are.

I'm still yet to use depleted, although I now have two new ones painted up, so that will change soon. Them being insignificant has been the turn off for me.

Thankfully, they are dirt cheap so you can take more significant models to fulfil Schemes. They are Minions, so they count for Strategy.

• Like 1