heed my voice

NeilH

Question

Hi,

Just finished a game with my lynch crew in which I used huggies heed my voice to make toshiro attack datsue ba. Do I have to take a terrifying duel?

I assumed yes and paralysed toshiro but am starting to think I was playing it incorrectly.

i know only enemy models take terrifying tests, but as I controlled him I assumed that was still the case.

Thanks in advance.

14 answers to this question

As the others have mentioned he is still friendly to his crew. This means if you use Heed My Voice or anything like it to make the controlled model place a scheme marker it won't belong to your crew. On the flip side you can make him take one his own scheme markers off the board.

On the flip side you can make him take one his own scheme markers off the board.

Actually, according to the rules on page 49 of the rule book, no you can't. The rules say:

"Models may take a (1) Interact Action to remove every enemy Scheme Marker that is in base contact with the model." - emphasis mine.

According to the rules you may only take interact actions to remove the enemy's scheme markers, not your own. So you may not use Heed My Voice nor any Obey effect which does not change the alligence of the model to remove schemes which belong to them. Page 39 also uses this rules terminology.

• Like 1

Illuminated are terrifying living lol. Toshiro is quite (un)dead lol.

Ah!  Specific example aside the principle is still the same (shame they're not Terrifying because making Toshiro fail a Wp 10 duel is kinda funny (not for me seeing as my regular opponent plays Lynch at the moment and Tosh makes it into most of my crews mind....))