Plast Craft Games will produce official scenery for Malifaux

Jumbo

I've said on A Wyrd Place but might as well here as well. All the stuff looks really well done and high quality, I just wish they hadn't made all the buildings look so cartoony! Just seems a little unnecessary to me and negates the possibility for a really immersive board IMO.

P.S. Is that a plastic Malifaux raptor on top of the tower in that second picture?

Seeing these all together definitely accents the "cartoony" look of the new art direction. I am not a fan. Ausplosions may disagree but I prefer the Terraclips line.

Some of that has to do with the painting style, lots of crisp bold colors, I suspect you can dial back the cartoony, by going with a darker color pallet, and using washes and glazes to make the buildings look dirty.

How clean the buildings are is a bit weird, I can't imagine any place in Malifaux except the most wealthy of places being that clean, when I get them and paint them I think I am going to try to make an effort to make the buildings have a bit more grit.

Seeing these all together definitely accents the "cartoony" look of the new art direction. I am not a fan. Ausplosions may disagree but I prefer the Terraclips line.

Malifaux always has, and always will have a "cartoony" look (as in a bizarro Tim Burton sort of cartoon). This stuff is nothing new.

Malifaux always has, and always will have a "cartoony" look (as in a bizarro Tim Burton sort of cartoon). This stuff is nothing new.

Yep, I prefer my scenery a little more realistic (partially since it's more versatile), but it certainly fits the setting.

I like the "props" sets and walkway the best, not sure how I feel about the buildings yet, since they are so so stylized. I'm most curious about all cobblestones etc., since I thought the streets/table itself are what I liked best.

I'm curious how functional the building interiors will be, looking forward to more pics.

• Like 1

These feel quite expensive for the look of the finished product...

...I'm going to pass.  There isn't enough on these that scream "unique" to make them worth picking up - I'm content playing on fantasy and sci fi boards (or forest/desert/etc. boards).  I'd actually be a little embarrassed to pull these out, in all honesty.

I mean, good on you guys and I'm sure plenty of people will pick these up, but they're just not for me.  Too plain, weird detail and sizing mismatches, and a price that says the detail and scaling should be of a lot higher quality.

• Like 2