Get lucius crew, Then what?

Luisjoey

I find lucius a master more of support to make objectives related to markers, etc. 

After getting the Lucius Crew, what´s the next logical step in adquisiton? 

i do love to play him with neverborn creatures, but dont know which are best for him? 

Thanks for your knowledge share. 

These are what I have made work so far with Lucius

Neverborn: Tannen, Candy, Beckoners still having issues with Graves.

Guild: Pathfinder, Riflemen, Warden, Executioner, Sergeant, Guild hounds.

Cannot overstate the value of the Pathfinder and the Warden.

Next time Lucius needs to go into the Bayou I plan to run him with a swamp theme crew and take McTavish as his guide.

Also tried him with a witchling stalker and a death marshall, only tried them once but didn't really feel right or achieve much.

Another idea is to borrow from the McCabe Hunting party theme (i.e Austringers, guild hounds, a hunter, a path finder etc)

• Like 1

On the NB side:

Beckoners for Lure. Also a Mimic.

Doppelganger for being amazing. A Mimic as well.

Mr. Graves if you plan on fielding some type of melee beater (Teddy on NB side Executioner on Guild side). Show Ya the Door is fantastic. He is another Mimic.

Teddy makes a great NB beater.

On the Guild side:

A pair of Riflemen are great, cheap, and have synergy with Dashel. Guardsmen keyword.

Pathfinders are great scheme runners and minor summoners. Guardsmen.

Guild Hounds are wonderful, and they are Guardsmen.

Executioners are great Guild beat sticks.

Austringers are great period. They are so goo in fact that Issue Command cannot be used on them.

• Like 1

I think he will work quite bad with them. Mostly because sorrows are next to useless without Pandora and some people might argue that they are even with her. Poltergeist is Pandora's totem, which means that he will practically never appear in the same crew with Lucius.

I think he will work quite bad with them. Mostly because sorrows are next to useless without Pandora and some people might argue that they are even with her. Poltergeist is Pandora's totem, which means that he will practically never appear in the same crew with Lucius.

Well, I don't think Sorrows are THAT bad. However, they are supportive models who make other models better. Lucius is the same. Thus, more than one Sorrow would hamper Lucius' crew, as too much support without actual doers won't get very far.

Poltergeist and Lucius are mutually exclusive, as Lucius cannot hire him.

Candy and Kade might work really well with Lucius, however.

Im not a particular fan of Baby kade, i found him as the weak part of the Pandora`s Crew, dunno how good is with the Teddy. 

Candy is like a little pandora, could do a good job. 

I find that doppelganger and beckoners are good choices, so i will blind purchase them since i do love the miniatures. 

I guess that Lucius as Master have lot of choices, is that versatile? 

I find as long as you stick primarily to minion models, Lucius does pretty well for himself in whatever faction he decides to play in.  Typically when building a Lucius list I try to limit myself to 2 enforcers or henchmen to keep points free for minions.  The thing is, you can find Lucius quickly running out of steam after only a few casualties if your opponent picks off too many minions, so its always good to keep a few extras on hand.  There aren't too many *bad* minions that Lucius can take- from the Guild Constructs like the Hunter, Guardian and Warden, to flesh bags like Death Marshals or Witchling Stalkers, Lucius can help everyone get the most out of their activations.  The biggest issue is making sure you've taken enough minions so that there are at least a few left for Lucius to command in the later turns.   As was noted before, Lucius is a support piece, and he only support's minions.  So its important to take a lot of them.

Beckoners are alright... but you are almost certainly better off waiting for the Performer to come out.  For 1ss cheaper than a Beckoner you can take the Performer as a Mercenary and she does everything you want better.  Including the ability to detonate friendly and enemy scheme markers- which Lucius can be very prolific at.    The Performer is also great with McMourning (Guild or Res) so offers a bit more to the Guild as a whole.

Doppleganger is amazing.  If you are looking for a damage combo in a Lucius Crew, Doppleganger can pair exceedingly well with Sam Hopkins.  Mimicking Burn them Out, and potentially casting it 3 times with the Perfect Blend Trigger.  Then you've got some lit up targets for Hopkins to rapid fire into.

• Like 1