so'mer or ophelia?

High_Exemplar_Grumps

So I want to get gremlins but have no idea which crew box to get.

I really like the bayou gremlins in so'mer teeths box and he already has a m2e starter...but I really wanted a female master. Considering I already have 3 starters mcmourning, Seamus, and Nico. All male masters...so idk which to get. Any advice is welcome :) thanks for any help :)

well Ophelia's supposed to come out this month so you won't have too long to wait if you choose her (hopefully)

imo, Ophelia's the more all round, complete crew out of the box so I'd advise her 1st, but it is 1st, both boxes have stuff that's good for either master and the rest of the faction so you'll probably want both eventually

True Ophelias crew is pretty good all around starter. Where Somer is a great master as well just there is alot more to him than his starter. You will want to pick up an extra blister of bayou grrmlins with him. Or do what im going to do ...get Somers Bayou boss crew box and get Burt and Gracie to go along with it. Not saying his crew box is weak its just if you want to do his spamming of gremlins or piglets or skeeters it will be helpfull to pick up extra blisters of his minions for when you want to spam multiple of them. Burt and Gracie are a good buy if you want to pump up bringing the pain to your opponent

Kadeton DOES have the most logical answer ;)

In all seriousness, if you can hang out a bit, Ophelia's the more complete Starter. S'omer gets better the more you have. Think of it like the Nico Box (S'omer) versus the McMourning box (Ophelia). S'omer can handle more Schemes and Strategies, but Ophelia can handle specific schemes and strats awesomer.

If it is starter box only, then I would go with Ophelia.

Her crew synergy and home spun crew is incredible.

If you want to play right now buying Som'er and a bayou pack will allow you to play starter box plus whatever you can summon into the game.

Som'er has more dynamism as a master.

Ophelia's Kin are sturdier/staples of the faction.

Not to be cheesy but just go with your heart. If you like Lenny and the bayou gremlins then that should be the crew you get. You will be playing games with the minatures that you like...and that makes games more enjoyable... besides other crews will be released soon so get Somers crew. Get comfortable with the gremlins game mechanics then expand off of that.

I got Ophelia only because she's now less repulsive now that there's Ma Tucket.

The above commentary regarding getting both is your best bet in the long run but if you don't want to do that get the one who's play style appeals most you, Somer will always need to Som...Summon to be effective (in my opinion) but that means you will need more Gremlins.

Ophelia can probably stand alone as a box a bit better but would appreciate Lenny and some Bayou Gremlins to assist he for bigger games, I would always choose Somer as a preference though not a matter of logic

Honestly, both are so good together. Ophelia lends Som'er some elites. Som'er gives Ophelia some cheap models and Lenny, who makes up for the sub par hitting power of the Kin out of the gate.

They also complement each other in the strats well. Keep in mind though that the Som'er boxset is very under pointed, when compared with other starters. If you plan to run Som'er at his best, you will need loads more stuff.

• Like 1

I picked up Somer's starter box when it first came out, and my first few games were pretty much just the starter (because nothing else was released for Gremlins in plastic yet).  It's very doable, though I would recommend picking up or proxying some Piglets if you go that route, as there are a few effects that can summon them in the crew (Somer's pigsticker and Lenny's pig-tossing).  I really only end up getting one or two a game, but they're always annoying for my opponent to deal with. 

If you get around to expanding it, a pair of Slop Haulers and another box of Bayou Gremlins really does wonders for the crew and lets Somer go wild with his summoning. 

if you go Som'er at least buy another box of gremlins, I personally reccomend 12 minimum but thats just me

if you go Ophelia I reccomend burt, as he adds some fun options to an already great shooting list

either way I reccomend slop haulers, as these are the guys your going to be running in the majority of your lists (except swamp fiend zoraida but that shouldnt matter to you right now)