I hate the Latigos so much

Somnicide

Zorida and Juju with eternal fiend and fears given form alongside many swampfiends creates a Juju recycling center.  Latigos like to kill stuff...swampfiends like to die, delivering Juju in their face.  End of game: Only Latigo left alive is Dita surrounded by the body parts of her family.  Many swampiends dead, and Juju dead many times.

• Like 2

Things I don't like when playing Ortegas:

Lilith (stupid wood markers - grrrrrr)

Depleted (thousands of little guys, and none die to 1 shot - ugh)

Zoraida (basically what StaticVortex said, but Obey on Papa - arrgh)

Hm, in general I don't like anybody who doesn't come out for a fair fight. Come on, guys, it's called a Mexican Standoff! All that hiding and trickery is no fun!

• Like 1

Perdita, Frank and Santiago just all do so dang much damage. It's scenario by annihilation. Nothing else really to add, I just hate them.

I feel ya.

Abuela is my current frustration.

With her introduction the synergy of the crew became numbing for me.

The movement shenanigans, the negative twists, the damage.

I feel like I'm in the movie Wanted.

"Bend the bullet."

There's no way...............I'm dead.

I also discovered they hate Bad Juju and a list with a lot of swampfiends...
Actually - Bad Juju + well hidden Spawn Mother list made the Latigo player scream "Broken!" and forbade me to play it against him ever again.

EDIT -  I've seen this later on

Zorida and Juju with eternal fiend and fears given form alongside many swampfiends creates a Juju recycling center.  Latigos like to kill stuff...swampfiends like to die, delivering Juju in their face.  End of game: Only Latigo left alive is Dita surrounded by the body parts of her family.  Many swampiends dead, and Juju dead many times.

I had the same response to Ditas crew as you had, but she didn't make it to see the ending in my case.
I remember only one left alive was the Enslaved Nephilim. I think I have liberated him from the evil humans :D
+ Obey on Papa makes him loose some cards for later Juju fun.

Also I nominated Spawn Mother for Frame for Murder. Much pain was delivered.

On a pro-Latigo note. I've got the unassembled plastic crew myself and I can't wait for new Abuela to get released.
I hope they're good with Lone marshal and death marshals in specific games against Ressers.
I love the minis even if they are mostly good for killFaux.

On a pro-Latigo note. I've got the unassembled plastic crew myself and I can't wait for new Abuela to get released.

I hope they're good with Lone marshal and death marshals in specific games against Ressers.

Now, that's completely unfair! They can also deny interact actions and deliver melee models! They will kill you while they do it, granted.

By the way, Death Marshals work like a charm with them, not just against Ressers. When I take Papa, I would never leave the house without a Marshal.

• Like 1

@Dirial: You mean, you use boxed Papa? Like deliver him over to the enemy? That sounds interesting.
Currently I only have Miss Terious, but I'll get a few more if I get Tara I'm going to make the big crouching one have a normal face.

I'm just speaking from experience, the other Latigo player just wants to kill stuff. But he's young and still learning.

@Dirial: You mean, you use boxed Papa? Like deliver him over to the enemy? That sounds interesting.

Sure do. Death Marshals solve all of Papa's problems. He cannot explode in your crew while in the box, he cannot be obeyed, he cannot be shot. He gets way faster, and he doesn't have to stay near Dita while keeping up "Hold This". It works wonders. One of my opponents always jokes that he is surprised every time I don't field that combo with any Guild Master (which is only slightly exaggerated).

• Like 1

I also discovered they hate Bad Juju and a list with a lot of swampfiends...

Actually - Bad Juju + well hidden Spawn Mother list made the Latigo player scream "Broken!" and forbade me to play it against him ever again.

EDIT - read this later on

I had the same response to Ditas crew as you had, but she didn't make it to see the ending in my case.

I remember only one left alive was the Enslaved Nephilim. I think I have liberated him from the evil humans :D

+ Obey on Papa makes him loose some cards for later Juju fun.

Also I nominated Spawn Mother for Frame for Murder. Much pain was delivered.

In one of my first games facing the Latigos, I ignored the Enslaved Nephilim.  I choose poorly.  Since then, I've learned to move against the Enslaved Nephilim early game to limit movement shenanigans for the family.  Otherwise, they could miss out on all the fun Fears Given Form can be.  I'd hate to deny them that opportunity :D

• Like 1

In my last game against Misaki I started by pineboxing Papa and moved the Marshal on (unimpeded helps a lot). Unfortunately for me, I had lousy flips in later turns and Papa got unburied in turn 4, which was way too late (I took "Frame for Murder" ion him). But I agree, that  :+fate to damage for Dita works extremely well.

Something I've been curious about for a while now - when your opponent declares Guild, how heavily do people tend to build against the possibility of facing Ortegas? For example, if you had access to the models for the Swampfiend Recycling lists given above would you reach for it just in case your opponent dropped Perdita and company? Or do you feel like you can build for the scenario and schemes and still deal with Perdita if she does appear?

I don't think it's really any different than facing anyone else. If Sonnia drops you're going to face just as much shooting. You can't really build your crew based on what the enemy master might be......I think you build your crew bases on strats/schemes/terrain and then just deal with what you face.....better to just take a well-rounded crew in my opinion.

• Like 3

Something I've been curious about for a while now - when your opponent declares Guild, how heavily do people tend to build against the possibility of facing Ortegas? For example, if you had access to the models for the Swampfiend Recycling lists given above would you reach for it just in case your opponent dropped Perdita and company? Or do you feel like you can build for the scenario and schemes and still deal with Perdita if she does appear?

Yeah, what dgraz and StaticVortex said. If you face Guild, you will probably face shooting. Take some anti-shooting and build for your objectives. No need to plan for Ortegas differently.