Starting up a Kirai crew, hints, tips, and builds?

Weeeelll... The Onryo are only 5 stones, they're summonable, have a CA 5 action that does poison with potential blasts, and also get all the spirit healing and buffs available to the crew... But the Autopsy also get to be Ikiryo summon spot... Dunno. 

The Onryo being able to get a plus flip to attack from adversary, and a plus flip to damage from Kirai buffs... I think they edge out the Autopsy in the poison generation. 

ENinja

Yeh but in terms of buying from the start I think guild autopsy hold more weight and onryo can just summon in for a 9 or better or 7 or better if u chuck duece to a seishin. Then onryo can get up close and personal instead to allow for adversary passing when they take dmg or to try and lock down a cluster and slow them when it dies. Onryo for me are kamikaze units. They do have an amazing ca as u mention though, works like a charm. Aswell as a neart melee and a ca to pass off adversary, they can't be discredited but do we need that at full wounds for what they do?

Here's a list I'm toying with:

Kirai 7 Stones w/ Swirling Aether, Bloody Shears (for the Accomplice)

Bete w/ Decaying Aura

Datsue Ba with Corpse Bloat/Spirit Beacon

Flesh Construct

Flesh Construct

Night Terror

Night Terror

Lost Love

FCs are summoning beacons and are just plain tough. The hope is that they'll take damage near Lost Love/Kirai. Ikyrio will pop up near the offender, and kill something, making Bete pop up near enemy lines. Night Terrors are interference runners. It's a summoning heavy list, so 7 stones are needed.

I have had good success with mine against foes who don't know what it does xD when ikyro comes to the field they don't even know what to do with him anymore. In a game I played last night, lost love engaged a stitched together and they stayed this way for 3 turns considering he was afraid to resummon ikyro after some turn one fun I had with his widow weaver

Heals on a 7 up, and 1ap place within 12? Yes plz. 

I have considered running Toshiro with the list. Being able to summon some Ashigaru and getting another + to attacks for minions is pretty sweet.

I was thinking the same thing, but about Sebastian. You summon something using an undead model near death, it dies, and you use it to summon a seishin- you get the seishin and the new model with some wounds on. Then Sebastian uses the corpse marker from the dead model to summon a dog. You can just keep pulling spirits out of the dog and bringing the poor sod back to life. 

The good thing about using a Toshiro, though, is if you are facing a scrap user, say ramos or mei, or Collodi... you can steal the scrap counters, turn them into Komainu, which are spirits and ancestors. Toshi is such a good anti-scrap for one model...

ENinja

• Like 1

After a bit of a hiatus with Kirai, I had a long awaited 50ss game last night,  My opponent didn't mind me using the avatar too which is excellent as it really suits my style of play & I pray to the Tyrants nightly they don't change it!

I ran,

Kirai (6 Cache)

Bloody Shears - 1

Swiriling Aether - 2

Lost Love - 4

Izamu, the Armour - 10

Chiaki, the Niece - 6

Flesh Construct - 6

Nurse - 5

Onryo - 5

Rotten Belle - 5

Went really well, managed to swirl Izamu up and summon a Shikome on the first turn, got them stuck in turn 2.  Between them , a second Shikome, Ikiryo & Avatar Kirai, managed to kill Mortressor, Lady Ligeiga, 2 guilty & 2 hanged (only Jack remained alive) for the loss of Izamu.

The other Star was Chiaki, removing Tormented & paralized of Kirai over 2 turns as well as removing slow (& healing the first summoned Shikome)

Kirai was amazing, she got where she wanted by summoning Seishin & then Spirit worlding to them (thanks to Instinctual from the Avatar).  She shot a Hanged (with 1 wd left) to summon a Gaki (who was then promptly turned into a Shikome), kept the pressure on by being close to the action (so threatening the Ikiryo if you punch any of my stuff).  Then She manifested & easily took down the guilty I needed for a Vendetta VP.  Brilliant stuff!

Going to sub out the Onryo & Rotten Belle for the Rogue Necromancy with Take back the night...  I kill a lot of stuff & basically everything is either a spirit or Horror so extra cards will be great (I go through them pretty quick!)

• Like 1

Took the plunge. Bought a huge lot of unpainted, unbased Kirai and spirit models from a friend:

Kirai

Lost Love

Datsue Ba

Seishin (x5)

Shikome (x2)

Onryo (x4)

Gaki (x4)

I got a Toshiro the other day, and I have a suitable Izamu the Armor- all I need now are some Night Terrors and I'll have filled the bench. :3

Excited to get started with my Spirit Slingin'.

ENinja

Well, I haven't played her nearly enough to consider myself good with her, but I'd say 2 Seishin should be enough onless you like Seishin Beacon, which could then make it be 3-4, but even that is debatable. Gaki, at least 2, they are nice cheap significant spirits to start with and even if you never start with them, Kirai and Datsue Ba have ways of summoning them, so they tend to be small little workhorses. Shikome are awesome, and also rare 2, so max 2 of course. 1 should cover you most of the time though and hanged are also a very good expensive alternative to have along.

Personally, I'd try to wait out for Gaki and Shikome in plastic, since their metal models have not aged well and hopefully should be something sexy or at most a single blister of each and fill up if needed with the plastics when they come out.

• Like 1

Depending when I decide to start playing with Kirai (I'll be ordering her box from Gencon) I'm thinking Witchling Stalkers would make a pretty easy conversion for Gaki and the Avatars of War Harpies would make good Shikome and/or Night Terrors (I've got some Harpies that I converted for my Dark Elf army I intend to use).

• Like 1

Cool, I have 2 Gaki currently and will order the Bishido one, hopefully they will push out a box of them soon to take me up to a good number. 

Shikome wise I am thinking about Kensai miniatures as they do a box of 2 that look a lot better than the Wyrd sculpt. 

Senshin wise I've got 3 to start with and can always add more if need be. 

I played a 30 ss game with this list here

Kirai

(No upgrades)

Toshiro 9ss

+command the graves 1ss

Flesh construct 6ss

Nurse 5as

Necro punk 5ss

We were playing the "search" story encounter and also had shindig laying over the top. My necropunk was used as a objective grAbber with intent to trick my opponent into thinking the marker he picked up was the secret marker he needed of the 4. Once he killed it on turn 3, toshi summoned a komainu..... This thing lived through the whole game taking shots and being spot healed by a seishin a few times keeping his hard to kill active. Komainu was getting toshiros buffs (ml aura and fasts) and adversary was being marked on whoever was engaged with it, it killed 2 ice gamin, brought a Cerberus to it's knees with 2 moderate dmg strikes with a slow/burn respectively. The 40mm base on these with a 2inch range and being able to swing at WP with a ml is pretty awesome, but being only summonable with toshiro in crew. I def like turning a flesh construct into a still hard to remove model like Ashigaru/komainu. The only downside to a komainu for me so far as a summon is that it doesn't carry the undead tag so kirai can't ikyro it's attackers in the face :(

Ikyro won me that game once the rasputina player finally decided to break shindig shooting kirai herself. Summoning ikyro and negating her chances of shooting my master for assassinate. lol 20" summoning is really funny.

Toshiro for president.

• Like 1