Viks in 'non-killy' strats/schemes

jonahmaul

Hi guys.  I've been playing my Outcasts a bit more recently (I usually play Ressers) and wanting to give my Viks a run out but have rarely had 'killy' strats/schemes (i.e. Make them Suffer, Reckoning, Assassinate, Murder Protoge) come up so always end up opting for Von Schill instead who I see as more of an all rounder.  Can anybody give some general advice (or specific if you have particular strats/schemes they're good at in mind) on how to use Viks in 'non-killy' strats/schemes as I'd like to get them on the table more often but if I don't see 'killy' missions they get ignored automatically.

I often play with Hans and a SoC accompanying my Viks. I try to set Hans up in the middle, so his firing lane forces my opponent to think of the board as to halves. I send each Vik, supported by a minion or two (maybe a ronin) to each half. One Vik is still kind of killy, and with the right upgrades they can still go through terrain quite well with extra actions or ignore penalties. So my opponent has to decide whether to risk getting killed by the Viks by splitting his force or focus on one side, which leaves me with one side open. This a worked a few times, but it depends on the opponent not being able to know exactly what scheme you are going for.

The Viks are basically used as bait to occupy the opponent and make him use his actions on hunting them, or letting them roam free and interact with whatever they want.

It's not perfect, but if your opponent doesn't see it coming it can be effective.

In nonkilly objectives, still use them how they are designed. Let the rest of your team worry about objectives. Ronin are great to tie an enemy up after they drop a marker or two. Sac them late game for more SS depending on your objectives. Bring Killjoy to punish your opponent for trying to counter kill for kill. Friekorpsmen are still awesome runners. The Viks like to kill, let them go crazy, but it doesn't mean the rest of your team has to play the same.

Non-killy objectives are often very easy for the Viks - when there are killy objectives (especially Assassinate) on the table, it can be easy for the opponent to get those points because Viktoria isn't great at staying alive. Without killy objectives, the Viks can do what they love with no fear of being punished for it in return.

They particularly excel at objectives that require the opponent to come to (or even better, gather in) a specific place, but they do just fine in situations where they can wander over the board casually murdering enemy scheme-chasers.

• Like 2