Dealing with Ressers

docbungle

Best plan is to admit defeat and bow down to our Undead Overlords.

But rezers are now a much more rounded faction. The few things they have in common is lack of ranged damage (though lure can make up for this), they place down a reasonable amount of conditions, and have quite a bit of hard to wound. So I would aim for models that have decent weak damage.

Tea and cake normally goes down well...

What problems are you having with Ressers?

Condition removal can stop a lot of the Poison tricks.

Corpse counter removal can stop a lot of the summoning tricks (Kiari and Molly excepted).

High weak damage means you don't really care about hard to wound (although I normally don't get cheatable damage anyway)

Well Corpse counter removel doesn't really work on half the faction now, and out of the other half only Nicodem really needs lots of them. Condition removal is useful, but the question is this, is it worth the AP which you could be using for something else. For poison probably not unless it's a big stack and you are facing McMourning. For Paralyse and sometimes Slow definitely, but only a couple of Masters and Enforcers use that. Hard to Wound is always going to be around, so go for 3/4/5 rather than 1/4/7 damage arcs. Lures will also probably always be around so should be considered, blocking aura like Smoke and Shadows are definitely good therefore, along with anything that gives :-fate on Ca duels or duels targeting Wp.

I think you have to focus on points more so than anywhere else. Ressers are just amazing fighters in M2E, and if you get into a slugfest with them you have to be lucky to come out on top. In my opinion they are the hardest faction to face, and the key is going to be getting your points -- which also means picking achievable schemes against them.

• Like 1

Mei's vent steam pretty much negates lure (be careful of Nicodem + focus though). 

Kang's Hard Worker upgrade (ignore armour, hard to wound and hard to kill) only works on foundry, but obviously there are some pretty hard hitters in foundry.

Sensei Yu for movement shenanigans. This can be particularly effective against Nicodem who's foot soldiers rely on his aura boosts to be effective (i.e. move him out of range after his activation).

Plenty of burning options - hard/impossible to wound is useless against it. 

As mentioned already Kang plus Archers, remember though it's really Kang plus any ranged. Fuhatsu and the Samurai are particularly unpleasant.

Don't forget Oiran! +1wp and if you are running Kang + ranged, these ladies make an excellent front line as the pesky Punk Zombies and the like can't charge them. And then they a have chance not to be targetted at all. Not killy, but what's behind them should be doing that. 

Or Emberling with some Burning+2 on the golem and hope you have high tomes?

D.

I think that if the target is a construct it becomes 2 unpreventable damage instead. There are plenty of other options though, Mei's Scalding Breath upgrade is excellent for it, as you can target the Golem for a double whammy of loading up the Golem and then dishing out burning to anything around it.

Kang's Worker's Champion and Rousing Speech auras boosts everyone within 6" range including himself.  If i'm players against Rezzers Kang is an auto-include.

I think he's referring to Hard Worker which gives a 0 tactical action for ignoring hard to wound, hard to kill and armour. It does only work on Foundry though.

Archers can be useful for handing out Slow and damage at range, and they can also toss out templates to spread their damage across clustered groups of undead.  Tannen's Bore to Tears is also pretty good at slowing them down, and as noted above, Sensei Yu and Shenlong can tap into Push Shenanigans as well.