Bengt's painting

Bengt

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Malifaux.

Arcane Effigy, in basically the same colour scheme as the Mechanical Rider. Not very easy to see in the photo, but I put him on a wire so he floats a little.

ArcaneEffigy_zpsmtdhpixw.jpg

Angelica, following the scheme of the other Showgirls. Tried to put her exact shade somewhere between Cassandra and the Performers.

Angelica_zps2f2dloaj.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's sexy butt time, so brace yourselfs for Snow Storm!

SnowStorm_zpsguc2dpuq.jpg

Painting lots of little lines takes me forever, the base (except the grass but that is super quick) and Snow was done with the Silent Ones...

And is Snow really wearing two fur lined coats, one over the other? It certainly looks like it, she must be really cold. :P 

• Like 4

Well....I applaud your technique. The brushwork is truly amazing. I know from experience how long that probably took you to do and it is an impressive task.

But.......hate to be a bad guy with how stunning it really is.......the lines are way too uniform. Both in length and in spacing. It makes it look like he's wearing a shirt with a cool pattern on it. Just doesn't look natural.

If that was the effect that you were going for then kudos. But it would drive me crazy. Again, fantastic work and technique.

2 hours ago, dgraz said:

Well....I applaud your technique. The brushwork is truly amazing. I know from experience how long that probably took you to do and it is an impressive task.

But.......hate to be a bad guy with how stunning it really is.......the lines are way too uniform. Both in length and in spacing. It makes it look like he's wearing a shirt with a cool pattern on it. Just doesn't look natural.

If that was the effect that you were going for then kudos. But it would drive me crazy. Again, fantastic work and technique.

I agree that it doesn't look very natural. While I did consciously paint it that way I didn't really think it through enough beforehand, or, heaven forbid, test paint it. :P It's something to consider the next time I do an animal, thanks for the feedback.

---

Thanks @Viruk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 3:28 PM, Bengt said:

I agree that it doesn't look very natural. While I did consciously paint it that way I didn't really think it through enough beforehand, or, heaven forbid, test paint it. :P It's something to consider the next time I do an animal, thanks for the feedback.

---

Thanks @Viruk

I'd echo Dgraz but, I think it's already a known thing.

However, if you did what you did on him, in a handful of reds, it would probably look fairly well as the appearance of muscle tissue.

At least, that was my first thought when I saw the pattern on him, that it looked like I'd imagine muscle tissue exposed would be painted.

Lost Love.

LostLove_zps7avhjcm9.jpg

Kirai's box is then done. I bought it when it was released, which was Q4 2014 I think. Then without any spirit releases for a long time I kept pushing it to the back of the painting queue.

VengefulSpirits_zps9mqb4i3c.jpg

I like green... Even Francis, which I didn't think would be able to pull off bright green pants, got himself some olive duds. :) 

• Like 3