Free Henchmen?

Saxif

There are a couple of entries in the book which seem to give a free henchmen if you take certain Masters, such as Jakob Lynch and The Hungering Darkness. What's the deal with this, it seems to good to be true or broken. So I assume I am not getting something?

Those masters are built on the assumption that their related model is also taken. You'll notice that they can also only be hired by that master. In the case of the dreamer and kirai, you'll find that their "partner" can't even be hired, since they go onto the board through other means.

Yes. Victoria of ashes is terrible as a single master. Defense 5 and seven wounds with no reliable defensive abilities.

But she gets Vik of Blood for free, which is another subpar model compared to Masters, but since her cost is zero the two of them make a potent combination.

Dreamer and Kirai were part of the Wave 2 Rules, and the stats for that entire release can be found, for free, on this website http://www.wyrd-games.net/community/files/file/53-malifaux-wave-2-cards-low-rez/. As many have mentioned above, all of these Masters are balanced with the assumption that you'll be fielding both; they aren't as potent as Masters without such attachments, but make for some potent synergies that make up for it (as well as, in the case of Viks/Jakob, also adding to activation advantage).

I played Lynch without the respawning darkness upgrade and without woke up with a hand. I even had 3 deploted in a reckoning game. Plus Tannen and Graves and only 1 Beck and 1 illuminated. I tried to make a list that I felt was suboptimal. And it still did well. I always felt Woke up with a Hand is too potent for what you already get.

I always felt Woke up with a Hand is too potent for what you already get.

Which part of it? Or the whole cards and Final Debt? I haven't been able to get anything else from it but cards. Maybe I don't know how to play Lynch at all :D

Which part of it? Or the whole cards and Final Debt? I haven't been able to get anything else from it but cards. Maybe I don't know how to play Lynch at all :D

Final debt gives, what should have been a kind of inept half master since he gets the Hungering darkness with him at a budget cost, one of the most damaging spells in the game, with a high Ca value and a high damage value, if you don't obsess with activating last and go first with him, he can easilly plant 12 wounds (give brilliance + 2 wds and then double cast final debt) on something and not much it can actually do to stop it. That it doesn't even require a suit still baffles me.

Final debt gives, what should have been a kind of inept half master since he gets the Hungering darkness with him at a budget cost, one of the most damaging spells in the game, with a high Ca value and a high damage value, if you don't obsess with activating last and go first with him, he can easilly plant 12 wounds (give brilliance + 2 wds and then double cast final debt) on something and not much it can actually do to stop it. That it doesn't even require a suit still baffles me.

Wow. Two points I haven't actually thought of.. I used Play for blood today for the first time today  :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We hates you, Razhem, we hates youuuu!

• Like 2