Oath Keeper

Cornelious1424

Viktoria of Blood.  Vanessa, Lazarus (move and then Auto Fire is filthy), Bishop (because 4 AP is great), or really anybody who benefits from an extra AP, which is just about any outcast hitter.  Killjoy would be fine with it as well.

Really your best mileage is either on a unit whose AP are very valuable (so, for example, any of these expensive hitters) or on a model where an extra AP would grant something they normally don't have, such as Lazarus or Von Schill, allowing them to reposition before unloading.

Ah, so many good upgrades, so little time. I find myself having to drop Oath Keeper to make room for Survivalist and other upgrades a lot of times. I do tend to run very heavy on healing, though. Hard to Kill makes a big difference on the Viks when you have Vanessa and a Librarian in the backfield high-fiving and healing the business end of your crew every round. It's also golden on Nix, who needs to be hit twice *in a row* in melee, or else she (he?) heals back above the threshold.

Anyway, this isn't about how great Survivalist. I think that Oath Keeper is a godsend on anything with a meaty 2 action. Lazarus, Gunslingers, Alyce, Johan, etc. I also think it is very useful for Hans, as it makes "Smile, you son of a..." much less all-or-nothing. Focus, "Smile", shoot or "Smile" and then double shot greatly increases the chances of it working.

Don't forget that you can put it on pretty much any undead or construct model if you are running Leveticus. Getting to Harpoon => flurry with a Peacekeeper is a good way to ruin someone's day. And face.

Pokey Vik gets it a lot..

Bishop, Taelor, Killjoy, Nothing Beast, Laz.. Anything big and stompy really... If it's 10+ stones. Oathkeeper is good.

On the libby it isn't bad.. Although you can't furious cast heal.. Since furious casting now only lets you cast attack actions (from memory).

Mouse

Pokey Vik gets it a lot..

Bishop, Taelor, Killjoy, Nothing Beast, Laz.. Anything big and stompy really... If it's 10+ stones. Oathkeeper is good.

On the libby it isn't bad.. Although you can't furious cast heal.. Since furious casting now only lets you cast attack actions (from memory).

Mouse

I should have specified I meant use the furious casting for her attacks then extra to pop a free heal or move. My apologies. 

I actually really like it on Hannah.  I run her near the Viks to cast Sisters in Fury with her (0) action.  The Sister in Fury bump applies to her, and now she has three melee attacks that will be really really painful with the blast markers.  A lot of people do not expect three sets of blast markers clearing out swarms of models.

I actually really like it on Hannah.  I run her near the Viks to cast Sisters in Fury with her (0) action.  The Sister in Fury bump applies to her, and now she has three melee attacks that will be really really painful with the blast markers.  A lot of people do not expect three sets of blast markers clearing out swarms of models.

Does that... work? She can't target the crew leader with her (0) if it isn't a Freikorps model, and Hannah's not a sister unless you discard Howling Wolf Tattoo or manifest her avatar.

It works *if* you have the upgrade in question on Blood Vik. She's not the leader, so she is fair game for make a new entry. The wording on Sisters in Fury specifically says "this model and all other sister models", which is actually pretty cool. You can also nab Sisters in Battle from her or even Vanessa, if needs be.

That being said, its pretty rube goldberg to think that you are going to:
A: successfully cast Make a New Record within 8 inches of the Blood Vik

B: successfully cast Sisters in Fury

C: Charge an enemy with Hannah's suspect charge speed of 5

D: successfully get severe damage for the blasts

E: have enough enemies clustered for the blasts to really matter.

Pow 6 double blast damage is pretty sweet, but the set up is so situational. Also, what does Oath Keeper have to do with this other than the fact that having an extra attack while benefiting from +2 damage is a good thing?

Pow 6 double blast damage is pretty sweet, but the set up is so situational. Also, what does Oath Keeper have to do with this other than the fact that having an extra attack while benefiting from +2 damage is a good thing?

Umm... answering the OP's question?

Well to be fair, the Sisters in Fury damage buff does only apply to Ml attacks, so Hans may be left out in the cold there.  Sisters in Battle's + to attack flips would still work, though.

Personally I feel like my opponents will be seeing a lot of Killjoy + aViks when those rules are done.