Johana anyone?

SteampunkCake

I'm hoping the Ten Thunder, The Thunders M2E repack will have a copy of Johanna in it.  That particular box I want to buy when it comes out with the new cards.

That aside.

Crap like eBay resells because of limited availability just makes me wish they'd also make these models available to purchase on Wyrd's online store in addition to randomly packing Johanna's into new box sets.  Inflated secondary markets suck.  

My Jones box arrived today and had the Johanna model. Might be interesting to know that the Johana model is part of the sprue the rest of the models (with the exception of the two skeeters) are on and isn't a separate addition to the box.

I was really hoping that wasn't the case. Hopefully they decide to include her in a crew box that wasn't previously available in metal.

For some reason when I try to see a larger version I get this:

Ah, misunderstood the Gallery system.  Thought that an image specifically called from a private gallery would be viewable, just that the gallery wouldn't be browsable from the galleries page.  Gallery's been made public, so the image should be viewable.

(Edit) Checked with another browser that's not logged it, and the picture's viewable. 

• Like 1

Johanna is on the same sprue as the Somer set, so Wyrd get a Johanna every time they make a Somer set. I would imagine that they'll just cut her off and create a 'stock' of Johannas for adding to whichever box they choose next, as they'll also clip off the Bayou Gremlins for their separate release. In that way she'll be limited by how many Somer/Bayou Gremlin sets are moulded.

Alternatively, that part of the mould could be an insert and be fitted into another set's mould (not very likely though), or the elctrode used to make the Johanna mould could reused to add Johanna to another mould. Who knows? (well, Nathan obviously).

As for the stupid ebay auctions, just ignore them, at most she's worth the price of a Somer set, but as the Somer set can be used/resold, she's worth less than that. Personally it means I'll soon have my first Gremlin crew for demos - Johanna is based & undercoated ready for painting :)

• Like 1

While I'm not surprised by the eBay asking price, I am willing to bet she will not end up selling in that range. My guess would be she will settle somewhere around 25-30.00 depending on how easy she is to get. If she is in all of the initial So'mer boxes, and makes an appearance in other crew boxes as well, the demand for her will be lower. I am guessing her base is included on the sprue simply so she can be added to other boxes easily. As for people without local stores, I know that is unfortunate, but wyrd certainly does an excellent job trying to give its players access to their limited models. Providing the ability to get gen con exclusives from their web store during the con, providing limited models as prize support for some events, and giving them away through other means (twitter prize from last year) they certainly seem to try to be generous with their limited releases, but they will never be able to make everyone happy all of the time.

Got a chance to look at her on-sprue tonight. The base is just a plain base, so, as mentioned above it must just be so that she can just be chucked in any box. I didn't get a really good look, but she didn't seem as nice a sculpt as I thought she might be. But, if she ends up in another crew-box at some point, I shall be hoping to get hold of her to add to my M&SU collection.

• 6 months later...