Help me expand my model and master collection.

Aegnor

Hi everyone.
 I'm a neverborn player mainly (collodi, titania and lynch) but i also play Ulix. I always wanted to expand my gremlin collection and take other gremlin master (only ulix is kinda problematic especially when my opponent know i only play him).

Now that we got the errata and gg2018 (which shakes think a bit for gremlins) i can know ask you advice for new model and masters.

I currently own :

ulix box

taxidermist+stuffed piglet box

piglets box

a pigapult

(the starter set)

My goal is to take like 2 new master to have a 3 master roster that could do any combination of strats and schemes (and with no too close master so i play them all, no point in having 3 if 1 is played once every 10-20games in niche games).

If possible i would like to have many models i can play with 2+ of theses masters (for example illuminated and stitched in my neverborn collection).

As for my personal taste i looooove the pigapult so anyway to use it well is a good point (i would take wong immediatly if the pigapult could be glowy). I'm very interested in survivors sparks and mechanized porkchop for the durability with the new ss cost drop. I'm not interested in the iron skeeter taxi thing. i also don't very like playing the 'main' faction masters (i don't wanna play lilith) so not very attracted to somer. In wave 5 i find big brain and gremlin crier attractive but don't know how to use them well (only in the ulix aionus crier alphastrike thing).

At first look (looking at the cards mainly) i would be more into ophelia and wong but i don't know how they are really played and if ophelia-wong-ulix is a good roster (don't wong and ophelia crossover a little in strats/schemes?). I also considering to buy a killjoy for shenanigans with stuffed+pigapult or wild boars.

So what do you advice me to take and how are non-ulix master playstyle nowaday?

PS: i play a lot of vassal games so i don't have any problem to test some model to see if they fit me.

Mah is a fine possibility I think. She can make good use of Survivors and the Mech Pork, she likes other Pigs well enough, and she loves the Criers. She is also extremely different from Ulix. And Trixie rocks. The only strike against her is that three Bushwhackers is a ridiculous amount (but then again, so is three Iron Skeeters).

Wong is also a good choice as he can work with anything, basically. And Lightning Bugs are great and can even heal a bit. Swine-cursed are amazing with Wong but they can be used with Mah and even with Ulix.

So yeah, based on what you wrote, I'd suggest (not in any specific order):

• Mah
  • Wong
  • Criers
  • Mech Pork
  • Survivors
  • Sparks/Swine-Cursed/Slop Haulers/The Sow

What is a typical Mah list looking like and how do you play her? She bounces everywhere to hit things in melee and that's it? How does she help her crew. I confess i have almost no knowldege on Mah.

Wong i see more. you blast things up at range, even your stuff to get extra bug ap. And you have 2 swine cursed + a glowy beater (don't very like mancha roja but whiskey golem seems nice now especially if i take spark).

Same thing as Mah for Zipp. The only things i heard about him was the iron skeeter taxi for burt and frank list.

Mah's typical lists are sort of all over the place since she herself tends to be an independent operator.  One of my more recent lists I ran her with had her with some big pigs (I did the Sow and Mechanical porkchop, but it was kind of a jank list.  You'd get more millage out of Gracie and the Sow I think), helping to push them into good positions for charges as she tear-asses around field making a nuisance of herself and tying stuff up with her bonkers melee range.  Trixiebelle helps out because most pigs have crazy charge ranges so Trixie can shove them way upfield with her Gremlin Lure.

Looking over your existing stuff...  I notice you don't have any slop haulers.  That should be fixed.

So my suggestions for purchases would be:

1. Mah Tucket box
  2. The Sow/Gracie
  3. Slop Haulers

2 hours ago, Aegnor said:

What is a typical Mah list looking like and how do you play her? She bounces everywhere to hit things in melee and that's it? How does she help her crew. I confess i have almost no knowldege on Mah.

Mah can have various lists. Usually you want some melee Gremlins and after that you can take whatever, basically.

She buffs a bit and beats face nicely but her main strengths are being a massive distraction (traps and her giant melee range can annoy immensely), being insanely mobile trouble shooter, Pushing your models around, and pruning your hand.

1 hour ago, Reservoir Dog said:

What about Zoraida? She's both neverborn and gremlin and could always obey the pigapult if that's what you enjoy using?

I dont play her in neverborn because i already have collodi and they are quite close. But yeah i should maybe give her a try in gremlins. I dont see the point to obey the pigapult for one shot with short range and no blast though.

1 hour ago, Aegnor said:

I dont play her in neverborn because i already have collodi and they are quite close. But yeah i should maybe give her a try in gremlins. I dont see the point to obey the pigapult for one shot with short range and no blast though.

Obey the pigapult to focus.   Then on it's own turn it goes reckless, eats a piglet (or stuffed, whatever), and fires.  Then can either focus and fire again or fire 2 more times.

10 hours ago, Aegnor said:

She used to be sort of a discount bin version of Collodi but these days she has her own thing. Compared to Collodi you can run a far more elite crew and don't need to focus on Minions (or Puppets!) so that makes a huge difference and Wisps doing Voodoo Doll stuff and her Obeying the enemy models to Charge one another is very powerful nowadays. She also likes Pigs so it's worth considering, I think.

I would definetly go for Slop Haulers. They are so versatile: you can heal up your summoned pigs, or Ulix, the "Appetizing" condition is great to make up for your piglets low Ml4 and once in a while you can use them to run a scheme.

As for Masters I'd recommend Wong. He is a great independent Master who can dish out loads of damage and his box comes with lightning bugs. I consider the bugs to be one of our best minions at the moment. Cheap, reckless, ignore armor and great utility tricks through "Tinkering with the unknown".

Somer is also a great Master for any gremlin collection imo. He can be so stupidly quick around the board and his shooting attack is just nuts. Also: He summons bayou gremlins.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend Mah Tucket. I feel like the gremlin-community is pretty much divided when it comes to her. Although her box comes with Trixibelle, who is a great addition to any collection.

Also: you need another big pig for you ulix-lists. Summoning piglets from Old Major is kinda risky. Try the sow and shoot her in the back with your bow for pinball madness.

Oh and I would like to mention Merris LaCroix: she drops schemes for summoning your war pigs with ulix. And she drops schemes in general. And she is a chubby flying goddess in a tube top.