Ryle,why?and How?

Fazza92

Hello everyone,

I start this topic for ask to expert guild player,why play Ryle?

I read online different list with different masters that play ryle...But I've not found he particularly good.I explain:

Is push is good,like is little healing flip,and if you have lot of sousltone to spend he's a solid model when flip tomes on def.

But i personally find that Peacekeeper is better,more armor,hard to wound,it cannot have the push;but with flurry and in build rams on attack can do more damage,discards enemy scheme markers and can make slow with arpoon.

So why you use ryle?with Hoffman against gremlin maybe?against undead for his breach psychosis abilities?In what strategies/schemes?

Entourage because peacekeeper can't be selected for it.

Pushing and.being immune to horror can be really nice against some resser builds that heavily rely on horror.

Ryle also has a longer reach than the PK and can use stones on defense which can be helpful. 

NB: If Ryle and Johan are in the same list, Numb to the World goes on Johan!

Ryle's still wonderful for those times Hoffman needs to reach out and touch EVERYTHING. With bullets. The emissary's lovely but I have been frequently disappointed when the opponent has inconsiderately kept his scheme runners out of the 4" bubble. Preferably against Ressers or Gremlins (he doesn't seem to be doing as well against Neverborn, there's a perception that they are a low Df faction which hasn't been borne out in practice).

Sadly, my own Ryle has been a black joker magnet since I moved, one brief glorious day at henchman hardcore notwithstanding, and so has been been underperforming for awhile...(Ten damage. I was looking at a debt/targeting systems punch on Nekima...severe, severe, BJ...and it wasn't even the only time that night he severe/BJ'd the punch.)

19 hours ago, Fazza92 said:

You use Numb to the world on who?and against who ?

Johan can remove conditions from others but can't target himself; you put Numb on him to avoid enemy conditions on him.

About against who, some of my local ressers love to bring and summon Hangeds; still trying to figure out a good way to use Nttw to deal with them...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord J said:

Johan can remove conditions from others but can't target himself; you put Numb on him to avoid enemy conditions on him.

About against who, some of my local ressers love to bring and summon Hangeds; still trying to figure out a good way to use Nttw to deal with them...

Bring obeys (Perdita) and have them target their own master with their hanged.

• Like 3

If I do not need to protect Johan and/or stop him from hammering my own constructs to death, Numb goes on someone who goes into melee, usually an enforcer since they have no hope of soulstone preventing "after damaging" annoying conditions. Rooted? no. Adversary? nope. Seduced? nuh-uh. Mood Swing? nah.

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

Bring obeys (Perdita) and have them target their own master with their hanged.

And then there are the "behavioral" solutions, that will get your opponent to reduce or stop the annoying behavior altogether. :D

My meta is heavy on Neverborn, but I bring Numb 100% of the time almost. Even Guild can surprise you with annoying conditions.

• Like 2

Mmm in this time I'm trying debt to guild on my beaters.But this evening I'm going to try numb.

So numb to world can be used against:

resser:to avoid hanged/adversary/lure if you've bad card 

arcanist:to avoid Alpha from Marcus,burning from Kaeris.

outcast: to avoid plagued by Hamelin/cracked by VonSchill

Neverborn:only for avoid Collodi true?

Gremlin :?

Ten thunders:?

It does not stop lure as lure does not make the model take an action. It would stop obey and such like. 

A few of the ones you missed

It stops paralysed, poison and slow that are fairly common negative conditions, to a wide range of factions. It stops Brilliance from lynch, tormented from the guilty (but not from Jacks upgrades), hemmed from the voodoo doll. 

I'm sure there are plenty others (slop hauler df reduction, Nurses in general) but its nto easy to list them all. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fazza92 said:

Mmm in this time I'm trying debt to guild on my beaters.But this evening I'm going to try numb.

NB has a ton.  I don't think I can think of a master in NB that doesn't have at least one condition that I really want to avoid.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-23 at 0:12 PM, Fazza92 said:

Against Gremlins it can be used to totally shut down Brewmaster, as your beater can no longer be poisoned or obeyed.