Abuela Ortega - Something Amiss?

Squire

Hey all!

I recently received my new plastic sculpt of Abuela Ortega. Hooray for GenCon! However, I am having a bit of trouble assembling her.

My difficulties stem from the fact that it appears her torso is too large (wide, specifically) to be glued onto her lower body and still fit into her wheelchair. I have attached a pic which will hopefully give you some idea of what I mean. 

I was wondering whether I am the first to have this problem? While I can conceivably shave down her arms to fit, it seems a bit dodgy.

Abuela.jpg

I had to file the sides of her torso a bit (bascially the lower part of her elbows) to be able to fit it in. It wasnt much of a hassle, but you are right. Its pretty tight.

I think the new model is bounds and leaps more charismatic than the metal one. I love it.

Ok, so quick update in case anyone else is struggling with her. 

Putting my faith in Dealer, I trimmed her down to make her fit. It worked and I now have a fully assembled Abuela Ortega. And she is awesome. ^_^

However, you have to trim her down quite a bit. I would guess I shaved off about a total of about 1mm (about 0.5mm per side). My advice to anyone else struggling would be to take a very sharp craft blade and shave her sides little by little until the piece fits. 

Edited by Squire

Metal is one piece though. :P

But the plastic is so much cooler. :D Must admit that it was the advent of the M2E plastics that finally got me into Malifaux.

Me as well.  Misaki at the start of 1.5E, or what ever you want to call it.  First models I thought looked well enough to interest me.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the new model but unfortunately on the table she looks just like a giant hat... Viewed from on high she is quite lackluster (though on closer inspection she is awesome). Anyone else finding this a problem?

I can see the view from above being a bit of an issue, although it amuses me that her hat is so large.

Hi ! I struggled to make her sit in her chair, and now I m trying to build her hat. Did someone succeed ?

Thank you !

Her hat is a tricky one. I made absolutely sure that there was enough space and managed to dry-fit the piece into the slot. I then removed it, and applied plastic glue to the piece. I would not recommend super glue, as I can see that making it basically impossible. The plastic glue softens the plastic and actually makes it easier to push the piece into the slot. Ultimately, I did feel that this was one of the less well thought out sculpts that I have built.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back into Malifaux after a five year break.  Last night I attempted to assemble Aubela and almost lost my mind lol.  So many itty bitty pieces, the issue with her body not fitting, and her hat skulls all combine together to make the assembly horrific.  I really hope the other plastics are not like this....