Francisco Ortega?

Hagisman

I'm going to throw more love to the "Frank is a beast" side of the conversation.

I've used him in the last three guild crews I've run, one Lady J, one 'Dita, and one McMourning, and he's more than paid for himself in all three matches. In the lady j game, he brutalized Izamu in one activation, then stood up against 5 attacks from bette noir, suffering red joker damage and gaining paralyzed, and then soulstoning away the three damage that should have been the coffin nail.

Just last night in my game against the dreamer, I took him and Santiago (who can ignore engaged family members for randomization) in my McMourning crew, and together they killed Lelu (a flurry) Lelitu (a rapid fire), copelius, (a flurry), a teddy (flurry) and a menagerie of other minions (stitched, 3 daydreams, 2 sorrows...), all this while the dreamer himself and teddy were focusing on killing Doug and his nurses.

My only regret was I spent a lot of time keeping mcmourning alive (but paralyzed) that I didn't get to test out he flashy avatar. (Doug also weathered something like 8 attacks from dreamer avatar, 5 from teddy, and 6 from copellius, before finally biting it).

So yeah- I would agree that he's not an auto include, but his options (melee support, ranged support, survivability, soulstone use, family synergy) make him a solid choice for his cost. 

Just last night in my game against the dreamer, I took him and Santiago (who can ignore engaged family members for randomization) in my McMourning crew, and together they killed Lelu (a flurry) Lelitu (a rapid fire), copelius, (a flurry), a teddy (flurry) and a menagerie of other minions (stitched, 3 daydreams, 2 sorrows...), all this while the dreamer himself and teddy were focusing on killing Doug and his nurses.

That is a solid argument.. That is just brutal.

To be fair... I think I flipped three red jokers for damage... 

My opponent literally said, "... What is wrong with you..."

ENinja

Edit; Over three turns... turn 2, 3, and 5.

I like the version of this where you're on Damage ++, flip 3 red jokers(?), and deal 25 (3 * (5+2) + 4?) damage in one shot. :)

Mine too....

I've not quite hit that, but I have had Lady Justice do Red Joker Damage to a model with 1 wd left and H2W...

And then my opponent asks "why are you upset? you killed it."

Hahaha. I keep pulling the red joker on terrifying tests.

Hahaha. I keep pulling the red joker on terrifying tests.

In the last three games, I think I've pulled it 3 times total on Initiative tests (usually when it's unimportant), and never pulled it on a damage test.

However, my opponent in the last game, pulled it once on a Damage Test, and it was huge for me. His Barbaros attacked a Witchling Stalker, single flip, Red Joker, no cards in his hand. The only problem, was that his Lilith, within 1", was on 1 Wound, with no SS, and was my second kill for Reckoning, getting me the VP I needed to tie the game.