Making Ulix

N1ck

Hello,

I've had an idea to make a Ulix model since there is not a model yet for him. I haven't attempted to convert/modify a model so I ask for your thoughts,opinions, and any ideas to add to this.

Here is the plan:

I have an extra Burt and Gracie. I know Gracie is a fatty so she may need to go to the chop shop to be slimmed down possibly length wise so she could fit better on a 30 mm base which Ulix is. I would also green stuff a lot of her pockets that way she wouldn't look identical to Gracie but a little bit different without her pots and pans armor.

As for Burt he will be Ulix, I would take his straight leg and the straight leg from my other Burt and convert to his other leg. (I would have to green stuff his thigh and cut his foot off and reposition it.) This would give me a crouching Burt later on, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. The straight leg Burt will then ride Gracie, so I would have to make a saddle or get a saddle to fit Gracie. (I figure this would be a challenge to do, and ask for thoughts on how to best approach a saddle either obtaining one, or making one.) Lastly, I would give Burt the pitchfork arm from a Hog Whisperer, and angling in a way as if he telling his Gremlin comrades to charge forward. As for the other arm I am not quite sure yet how to approach that...

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas to help this idea out?

I'm curious to see how you go - unless he's planned for Gencon 2014 I suspect I'll be converting one up of my own too!

Gracie seems way to big to try and fit on a 30mm base. Why not instead use a piglet instead? It's arguably too small, but that only adds to the comic value IMO. ;)

According to the Warstore's upcoming release announcement he'll be available way before then.

Gracie seems way to big to try and fit on a 30mm base. Why not instead use a piglet instead?

Well the an alternate idea I could then use would be one of the old metal Young LaCroix, more specifically the one riding the piggy. I would still give them the Hog Whisperer's pitch fork but other than that not much more.