What are Wyrd doing.... handwriting?

graeme27uk

Hmm.... ok I am a reasonably patient person I'd like to think but really....

Just rang my local store and the big main rulebook is delayed.... again!? It was delayed at the beginning of January... now beginning of Feb.... and that's only their best guess.... could be longer.

Why is it taking SOOOOO long to get these things published and to the stores?

There've been many threads on this topic. The most recent, Nathan summarised the various things which might be causing issues (of course it'd be unprofessional to say "Keith the printer dropped his sandwich in the machinery" or whatever.

Basically there's various delays at various points due to shipping, imports and all kinds of other things.

The books will be here/there/everywhere when they're here/there/everywhere.

It's the fickle nature of having a big production line.

Globalization is great, till your supply chain gets the measles. It happened to virtually ever growing company anyone remember mk2 warmachine and the shortages they had just after launch. Nothing new and I can definitely appreciate the frustration I'm sure no one is more frustrated than Nathan and Eric as much as you would like to buy the product, they I'm sure are even more eager to have it out in good supply to sell it to you as it pays for little things like mortgages and college funds and you know day to day operations.

they are handing the situation as best they can and I can appreciate not wanting to provide promises they can't be sure are kept as they are not every part of the supply chain. Its unfortunately part of growing pains and I'm sure they are taking this experience and are looking at ways to prevent it in the future as wyrd has a strong history of learning from its mistakes.

Hmm.... ok I am a reasonably patient person I'd like to think but really....

Just rang my local store and the big main rulebook is delayed.... again!? It was delayed at the beginning of January... now beginning of Feb.... and that's only their best guess.... could be longer.

Why is it taking SOOOOO long to get these things published and to the stores?

Nothing to do but wait. I have paid for my copy on october 15th if I remember correctly. :)

Yeah, no businessman would ever be happy having a product that literally would fly of the shelves the instant they get it be blocked. Probably is the reason why the small rulebook was made in such a hurry, to fill part of the void left by the main rulebook. Still, sucks a ton and they really should make sure who is responsible for who and what and try to other cut relations with a weak link or if it was inevitable, well, try to see what fire cutters they can come up if the situation pops up again.

The very unexpected huge demand probably didn't help their previsions not going into the gutter either.

You sir have my custom! PLEASE say you are sending me one.... it said it was in stock on your website.

Will be boxed up in the next 5mins :) Just remember the books are heavy so we use myhermes or collect+ so not quite as fast as the RM, but you should still have it by the end of the week.

We always (apart from the odd stock error) keep the stock accurate on the store, the whole reason we setup valiant was being fed up with ordering items and not getting them because of stock errors, so we dont take pre-orders, and only place items on with stock we have.

We are building up the M2E stock at the moment but should have all the new stuff on the store by the weekend.

thanks for your orders

Will be boxed up in the next 5mins :) Just remember the books are heavy so we use myhermes or collect+ so not quite as fast as the RM, but you should still have it by the end of the week.

We always (apart from the odd stock error) keep the stock accurate on the store, the whole reason we setup valiant was being fed up with ordering items and not getting them because of stock errors, so we dont take pre-orders, and only place items on with stock we have.

We are building up the M2E stock at the moment but should have all the new stuff on the store by the weekend.

thanks for your orders

If Leeds was closer I would run up and kiss you!.... or maybe a manly handshake :1_Happy_Puppet1:

Weekend is good for me!

I may have to investigate your site further...... it may end up emptying my wallet and making my wife unhappy. Mwahahahaha

thanks for your orders

That's a great policy. Do you know of any US vendors that do things the same way?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope wyrd can get some recompense for the delay. Loads of people at my FLGS and club wanted to start - especially with M2E but then.. no rulebooks made it hard.

Currently the FLGS owner says Malifaux isn't selling too well which kinda sucks since it's so much fun.

I've got two local game stores, and I'm kinda frustrated with both. Both of them kept telling me they were trying to get both the full rulebook and the pocket one, but I ended up finding my copy in a store over an hour away.

But I will still at least be buying my models & paints from them. Gotta keep on good terms, if I want their support in building a Malifaux community here.