liking the new body of evidence kit coming in january

jace_89

so when i saw the new kit for mcmourning it made me very curious about ressers.

all the minis are awsome and i love the chihuahua and the sexy nurses.

ive never played a summoning master before and it seems alot of the ress masters (not so much seamus) are big on summoning, even some neverborn masters.

the mcmourning kit coming soon has some great looking stuff in it, 29ss worth and it made me wonder, would i haveto make heaps of additional purchases to play him properly i could i just take the box itself and play efectively?

is he like nicodum where he all about summoning? or does he focus on other things?

what would you haveto add to make the starter kit work?

He's nowhere near as heavy on summoning as nicodem so don't worry about needing a million minions to summon. He does some pretty dang good nastiness related to poison (giving it, spreading it, moving it, benefiting from it, making you take that dmg right away) and doesn't necessarily need to be a summoner. He has ways to summon canine remains and flesh constructs on his 'moonlighting' upgrade and Sebastian's upgrade allows him to summon canines as well, so those two might be worth picking up if you'd like to go a summoning route! Of course all ressers have access to mindless zombies through maniacal laugh so you could get those as well.

As with most ressers the rotten belles are a great value, punk zombies can offer a lot of offensive output, so just the usual characters are a good place to start adding onto the starter box.

Edited by Sharp_GT

im looking at making it 35 ss with room for upgrades

the set coming out next month contains

mcmourning

Sebastian

2 nurses

flesh construct

canine remains

zombie chihuahua

so what could i add/ swap if need be?

somebody said he can only summon canine remains and flesh contrsucts, so are mindless zombies, rotten bells and punk zombies (when the punks come out in plastic) not ideal?

is it possable i can just use the crew, hire the construct and if he gets taken down summon another?

Edited by jace_89

His summoning is all on his upgrade cards.

One allows you to summon a Flesh Construct whenever you kill an enemy with the Expunge attack. You could start with a Flesh Construct hired in your crew, bit it might be useful to have a second (or maybe even third!) Flesh Construct model, if you choose a playstyle that focuses on that upgrade. It can be a very effective tactic - use a nurse to put poison onto your own model (probably the FC), then use Sebastian with the Transfusion upgrade to move all that poison onto an enemy, then use Expunge with McMourning. Hello flesh construct.

You could reuse the same model, but only if he's already been killed that game.

Some other upgrades allow you to summon Canine Remains.

There's also a generic Resurrectionist upgrade called Spare Parts, that let's you summon Guild Autopsies and the mighty Rogue Necromancy by using Corpse counters (1 counter for GA, 4 counters for RN) . McMourning doesn't have any other use for the counters, so that can be a nice upgrade for him. Very fluffy since he's the guy that actually does the autppsys in his morgue, and he is the creator of the Rogue Necromancy in the stories.

All these models can be hired into your crew using SS at the start of the game, or summoned mid-game.

On the other hand, the rest of the Resurrectionist models can only be hired at the start. That doesn't make then any less ideal. Starting out with Belles and Punk Zombies can be great - just remember that they're not expendable :)

Mindless Zombies are more of a Nicodem minion though.

I'm really enjoying the games I'm getting in with his new box, i've had to combine his box with Seamus' to get a 50 Soulstone crew though.

His poison bombing is a bit of a concern, it seems very powerful, in the two games I've used him he's poison bombed a high point model to death and got a flesh construct for free out of it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rotten Belles with my McMourning crew. Honestly, I take one with just about every Rezzer crew that I run. I absolutely dunked on a 35ss Lilith crew with Belles the other day by drawing out key pieces and assassinating them. I also try to find a way to slide nurses in if I can afford it, as the paralyze can really put a damper on the enemy's party.

Love the new Flesh Construct model - looks wonderful even with a basic paint job (which, frankly, is about as much as I'm capable of!)

Had a game today against Lilith... wanted to make sure what I did was all legal. A belle managed to lure Lilith towards my crew; then on my next activation a Nurse paralysed her with Illegal Prescriptions/Meds, accompliced to a Flesh Construct, who promptly devoured her. Seemed somewhat powerful - was there anything I did incorrectly?