PubFaux 2014 - A Surrey/Hampshire event interest thread

Thingster

Hi all,

I'm starting this thread to try and gauge interest in an event in the Woking area.

Our club (Found here) meet in The Station bar in Woking and this is where we intend to hold PubFaux 2014. So far there haven't been any Malifaux events in the Surrey/Hampshire area so how much of a competitive scene there is in the area is a bit of an unknown

We're looking at running a 50ss fixed faction weekender consisting of 8 games across both days, some time around Easter 2014 so this is just for people to register their interest so we can try and get an idea of attendees.

Also if your a local gamer swing by and say hi, we play on Tuesday nights and have plenty of Malifaux players and other systems too. Just pop down and see what's up, there's usually a game or two going.

Thanks,

Thingster

Edit: sign ups to be found here

Edited by Thingster

• 2 months later...

Walk to the pub? Wtf?...;-p. If I remember rightly you're never far from a pub in Woking anyway..;).

Will be absolutely chuffed if this goes ahead. As posted you've got 2 definites from Sussex with a very probable 3rd but given the timescale we may even to able to recruit some more from our WGC.

Edited by vonevilstein

Walk to the pub? Wtf?...;-p. If I remember rightly you're never far from a pub in Woking anyway..;).

Will be absolutely chuffed if this goes ahead. As posted you've got 2 definites from Sussex with a very probable 3rd but given the timescale we may even to able to recruit some more from our WGC.

Your all more than welcome, the more the merrier.

At the moment we're looking at being able to hold a good 30 people so there's plenty of room!

There is a small community developing around both Heroes and Legends stores. One on Surbiton and a larger on in Croydon. Zac recently ran a small tourney there and at short notice 10 guys turned up. A lot of fun. I can certainly spread the word around.

2 day tourney sounds fun but slightly harder for me what with rug rats etc but living locally, not totally out. I'll check with the gatekeeper but put me down as a potential.