Vapnartak 2014 M2E Tournament - York, UK, Feb 2nd 2014

Tigerstyle

Malifaux returns to Vapnartak once again for 2014! GuildMonkee (And) and I (Chris) will be running the tournament this year which will take place on Sunday 2nd February 2014 in York.

Vapnartak (aka Vappa, Varpatnik, Vappa Dappa Ding Dong or however you prefer to pronounce it) is an annual gaming show held each year at York and features lots of traders, demo games, a tabletop sale and a ton of other stuff. The event takes place in the Knavesmire stand at York race course which is a really nice venue for a tournament.

We have space reserved for up to 30 players. The rulespack is now live and can be found here. The cost for the event is £15 which includes entrance to the convention and lunch as well as your entrance into the tournament. Payment details are in the rulespack.

PAID ENTRANTS:

1 - Joel Henry

2 - Mike Marshall

3 - Craig Johnson

4 - Stuart Cain

5 - Jimmy Balderstone

6 - Andrew Baranyai

7 - Greg Piskozs

8 - Nate Zettle

9 - Connor Barker

10 - Jen Truby

11 - Sam Wood

12 - Nathan Chenery

13 - Matt Spooner

14 - David Golden

15 - Joe Taylor

16 - Paul Campbell

17 - John Paul Stubbings

18 - James Doxey

19 - Dave Chandler

20 - Shane McDowell

21 - David McGuire

22 - Lee Battrick

23 - Craig Galbraith

24 - Paul Butler

25 - Graham Bursnell

26 - Ben Halford

27 - Ant Hoult

28 - Josh Fletcher

29 - John Wharton

30 - Pete Wright

FAQ:

Q - Is it wave 1 only?

Yes, since the official wave 2 PDF isn't due to be released until the following week, this event will be wave 1 only.

Q - How big does the crew need to be for the best painted crew competition?

Crew sized, so 40ish SS give or take. I'm not going to be adding stuff up so aslong as it looks like a function, legal crew then that's fine.

Prize Support generously donated by:

Tiny Worlds

Urban Construct

Sarissa Presicion

Fenris Games

Bendy Boards

Edited by Tigerstyle
Updated entrants, added FAQ

Could you stick me on a backup list filling in for dropouts nearer the event?

I'd like to be there (especially as I missed it last year), but February promises to be a massive *****-storm (hilarious use of an expletive, assuming ***** still gets asterisked out on here), and I may well only know if I'll be available or not a week or two before the event.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We'll be kicking off the first round about 1000, so registration from 0900 ish. We're going to try and structure the rounds so you have time to have a good look at the rest of the show.

The venue is York Racecourse, so it's probably 30 minute walk from the station (about 1.5 miles). There's also a bus from the station (11 Indigo Line) but I'm not 100% certain it runs on a Sunday. There's usually a load of taxis waiting at the station as well if you want to get a cab.