Lussuria attempts to paint things...

Lussuria

Her white clothes/armor? look very nice though the lining at the back along the thigh could be a bit smoother. The grey fragment there looks a bit odd. Also, her hair could use some highlights as it looks a bit too uniform.

I'm being very picky here since your painting skills are really good and I think some critical feedback could help you push them even further.

Almost forgot - that gun looks absolutely fantastic.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Her white clothes/armor? look very nice though the lining at the back along the thigh could be a bit smoother. The grey fragment there looks a bit odd. Also, her hair could use some highlights as it looks a bit too uniform.

I'm being very picky here since your painting skills are really good and I think some critical feedback could help you push them even further.

Almost forgot - that gun looks absolutely fantastic.

Thanks so much! I appreciate the comments!! I'm actually not 100% sure which part of the thigh you're referring to? I'm currently going through each model again doing touch ups so will add your suggestions to the list!!

And I agree about the hair. I did try to add a bit of red to the rest of her hair, but it went so bad I painted it black again. Re-attempt time I thinks! *grin*

Oh wow, your painting improved really quickly. Impressive!

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see how good you are in a few months.

Thankyou so much! :) Really nice of you to say.

Liked your infinity model, a suggestion, maybe you'll have less problems if sand a little mini before priming so the paint sticks more smooth to the mini (believe me, I found out the hard way about the difference between a little sanding and no sanding at all, it makes a world of difference)

Liked your infinity model, a suggestion, maybe you'll have less problems if sand a little mini before priming so the paint sticks more smooth to the mini (believe me, I found out the hard way about the difference between a little sanding and no sanding at all, it makes a world of difference)

Oh! I never knew this!! Although how I would sand something so tiny does confuse me! But this will definitely help as a lot of the metal models have the paint 'chip' really easily before they're varnished. Thankyou!! :D

I'm Lovin ya work thus far keep it up, also where you get that infinity board from?

Totally free downloadable PDFs on the internets! (http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/ikube.html). Just printed the map off and glued the 8 sections to card paper, and the storage containers we got printed on thick card so they could hold up to being assembled like boxes (and to hold the weight of the minis standing on them). And thankyou very much *grin*

Edited by Lussuria

Oh! I never knew this!! Although how I would sand something so tiny does confuse me! But this will definitely help as a lot of the metal models have the paint 'chip' really easily before they're varnished. Thankyou!! :D

Totally free downloadable PDFs on the internets! (http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/ikube.html). Just printed the map off and glued the 8 sections to card paper, and the storage containers we got printed on thick card so they could hold up to being assembled like boxes (and to hold the weight of the minis standing on them). And thankyou very much *grin*

For the containers I did something similar. I printed on regular paper then cut styrofoam blocks to size then folded the containers around them to strengthen them for play.

• 1 month later...

Hello my lovelies!!

So, I ended up with Pneumonia after a friends wedding a week or so back so I have been moping about feeling sorry for myself for a bit. BUUUUUUT I have returned.

I missed getting my Rotten Harvest entry done :( But I'm going to finish her anyways!!

Progress:

0_zps25a68b6d.jpg

^ Learning to do glowy eyes!

1_zps54d60cd6.jpg

^ Can anyone guess where this AWFUL colour scheme is supposed to be going?? hahaha.

3_zps98fc6041.jpg

^ Most recent progress.

She has a whole base etc etc planned out for her that I still need to finish. Hahaha, the colours look absolutely AWFUL, but I'm hoping with her base done it will....make a lot more sense. Hehe.

So many of your threads to catch up on now!! *dances away*

Wow, even aussie weddings are deadly affairs! Glad to hear you're back upright again (upside down, I guess, but who's checking...).

And I'm formally rescinding any permissions you had to claiming to be a bad painter. Those eyes are awesome, and that corset almost looks like it has a layer of padding to it, its gorgeous!

Wow, even aussie weddings are deadly affairs! Glad to hear you're back upright again (upside down, I guess, but who's checking...).

And I'm formally rescinding any permissions you had to claiming to be a bad painter. Those eyes are awesome, and that corset almost looks like it has a layer of padding to it, its gorgeous!

Agreed,.. I'm the terrible painter here,..

But your stuff looks great. I think the eyes came out quite well.

well i was able to complete 2 out of the 3. when the contest is over i'll let you know which were my 2.

as to the third, well I wanted to take my beckoner that is bending over at the waist and leaning onto a cane, cut off the cane. then replace it with either a hollow jack o lantern with a handle(think the kids plastic trick or treat pumpkins or a trick or treat bag. have it resting on the ground with the handle in her hands. make it look like she was bending over to pick it up. then instead of candy, go though my old spare zombie parts bits box and have a leg with foot and arm with hand stuffed in and sticking out the top of the bag/pumpkin.

before my houseguest got here i couldnt find what i wanted. the hobby stores totally let me down on tiny hollow pumpkins. then i ran out of time before i could go through the mall and look for some cheap halloween earings that would work. add to that my cobblestone resin bases i ordered for all my wyrd models are still not here and i gave up on that model before i even gut her cane off. not sure if i want to finish her later as planned or keep her the way she comes out of the box.