Malifaux in Boston

Drool_bucket

Hey All,

I just wanna toss this out there. Malifaux is (finally) starting to catch on a bit in the greater Boston area. Through the hard work of our local slave (or should I say Henchmen), Jonasty, we've gotten more than a few new players joining us on Thursday nights in Watertown.

He's also hard at work at growing other times to play in Malden and other sites.

We've been receiving kind support from our NH neighbors, some of which are willing to travel down to support the mission.

We have a (beginner) tournament coming up, talking about a Fall campaign and continuing to work within the Wave 2 of the Open Beta.

We have really been concentrating on M2e with our influx of completely new players to Malifaux. Most of the guys are loving M2e, having never player 1.5. This is really a start-up community so new faces are very welcome!

So, if you live in the area and want to play some Malifaux, feel free to contact Jonasty or myself via PM and we'll get back to you and give you the gory details!

I wish it was that easy.

Here's the simple answer. We have been playing a bunch at Hobby Bunker in Malden, they have a website here: http://www.hobbybunker.com/

We've been playing a bunch on Sundays there, but no real organized group of players. WE've shown it off and had lots of questions.

There is also small, disorganized Malifaux players at Battlegrounds Abington and the Whiz, here and here: http://www.battlegroundgames.com/ and http://www.whiznet.com/

But, the place we've been playing is my gaming club's private hall in Watertown. We rent a function hall on Thursday nights and have on average 6-8 various table top games being played, with a concentration on 40K, Blood Bowl and now Malifaux.

Our club's website is www.dorkamorka.com but our current events page with directions and such is in transition with the upcoming Mali-Fest tournament in October.

So, back to my original plan... Jonasty and I have been using email and the Dorka forums to organize things. If your friends are interested, we can add them to the mix and start getting some games in!

I wish it was that easy.

Here's the simple answer. We have been playing a bunch at Hobby Bunker in Malden, they have a website here: http://www.hobbybunker.com/

We've been playing a bunch on Sundays there, but no real organized group of players. WE've shown it off and had lots of questions.

There is also small, disorganized Malifaux players at Battlegrounds Abington and the Whiz, here and here: http://www.battlegroundgames.com/ and http://www.whiznet.com/

But, the place we've been playing is my gaming club's private hall in Watertown. We rent a function hall on Thursday nights and have on average 6-8 various table top games being played, with a concentration on 40K, Blood Bowl and now Malifaux.

Our club's website is www.dorkamorka.com but our current events page with directions and such is in transition with the upcoming Mali-Fest tournament in October.

So, back to my original plan... Jonasty and I have been using email and the Dorka forums to organize things. If your friends are interested, we can add them to the mix and start getting some games in!

Thanks, I will pass this information to my friends in the Boston area :)

Ian,

When are you heading up to Manchester Myriad for a Tuesday? Its been too long.

been working hard pimpin' Malifaux in Boston... you guys up in NH have it too rich!

Couple weeks, I'll search you out for a game, I always want to play the best!!! Make sure you clear your schedule for Oct 5, Mali-Fest 2013 in Boston... First beers on me!

I will be moving from Taiwan to Boston at the end of August and I would love to be a part of the local Malifaux community there.

Awesome! Fresh meat always welcome!

I'll send you a PM with some details.....

Jonah and I dragged a couple other guys up to Myriad on one of your "off" nights and we managed a bunch of M2e games! I am so jealous!

Official "Pre-release" for Mali-Fest only a few days out (maybe end of day today), but feel free to talk it up!! Jonasty has put together a heck of a info/tourny pack and the day is going to be a lot of fun with Wyrd-inspired extra activities. We're counting on you guys to pump our numbers up! PeregrineFalcon's already committed his help!

Hi folks! I'm in the Worcester area, just a couple miles out from The Whiz. I recently found out that they're not planning on stocking M2E product since the community has died down over the past couple years and sales have been slow. I'd hate to see the game disappear from the local scene, and was wondering if anyone would be up for some regular gaming or demos there to help build some momentum?

@InquisitorWall - we are getting the packet/postings up around the internet ASAP. But it'll be Oct 5 at 11:00 start (registration), cards flipping at noon.

@Agnelcow - we are trying to get Malifaux up and going at a couple locations right now... doesn't mean we can't help out, though. You should try to make it out to Watertown some Thursday night. You should really try to make Mali-Fest 2013, a tourny in Watertown on Oct 5 (more info to come), and meet a bunch of us. You'll probably get to see people from all over New England, including the guys from the 131 club which is in Central Mass, probably pretty reasonable close to you.

@JimmyD - PM me your email, I'll add you to a chain that we put on when we're gonna try and make the Bunker. You should check out our Thursday nights in Watertown. If your interested (we'll have 5-6 guys there tonight) PM me a number to get you at and you could poke your head in and shake hands tonight!

Glad to see so many faces popping up in the area. I'm the Watertown/Boston area henchman and things are starting to rev back up around here finally.

As D_b said, tournament is going to be Sat Oct 5th. It's the first of what I hope will be many Malifaux events I'll be running in and around the area.

@jimmyd, Yeah the bunker has become my default store of choice at this point. Not as close as Pandemonium unfortunately but the atmosphere and support is WAY better. Once things calm down a bit I'm hoping to start running a regular demo night there each month, if possible.

Not to steal Jonasty and Drool_bucket's thunder, but...... here is the info they posted up on the DorkaMorka site for the upcoming tourney. I'm just so pumped I had to send the link. I expect an official Wyrd post will be showing up soon..

http://www.dorkamorka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9325#p89162

I want to further iterate how awesome the Boston area Malifaux guys are! Ian and Jonah (and their local guys) are really welcoming. They have an amazing gaming area. Not only that they will drive just about anywhere to get a game in! I'm up in Manhcester, NH with Fastenhate and while we have a VERY healthy Malifaux community, I have no problem driving down and giving demos to anyone interested. Also, if you just want a game on a random night shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to make the drive to a place that is convenient. Love this game so an hour drive is nothing to get a game in!

I'll probably start making Thursday nights down at the Eagles a once a month trip at this rate. That place is awesome, Ian and Jonah and all the other guys there are really excited about Malifaux and it shows with what they are doing at their local club. P.S. Come to the Oct. 5 event and see what I mean :)

You should try to make it out to Watertown some Thursday night. You should really try to make Mali-Fest 2013, a tourny in Watertown on Oct 5 (more info to come), and meet a bunch of us. You'll probably get to see people from all over New England, including the guys from the 131 club which is in Central Mass, probably pretty reasonable close to you.
Mali-Fest sounds pretty groovy, and two months' warning should be more than enough to clear the schedule. I'll definitely be there, and look forward to meeting some more local players!