M2E Marcus

dgraz

Sometimes I feel like the 2 upgrades should switch some abilities.

make trail the speed upgrade (+3 walk, charge for a 1 action, and melee expert) and domain be the beater upgrade (+2 df, +2 damage, positives to attack flips).

i think it would be mor balanced as it seems that the best abilities overall are.

+3 walk

+2 damage

+2 df

melee expert.

with the other 2 being situational.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I want to try out Trail in a couple of games because it seems great but I love how survivable +2 Def and the regenerate 1 makes Marcus, especially taking Protection to give him Def 8. He might not take out anything other than scheme runners but 1 ap for a 10 inch charge is a ton of bang for your buck.

I've only played a couple of games with Marcus and I'm sure  that I will change my tune. Just loving God's Domain.

• Like 1

I've only played a couple of games with Marcus and I'm sure  that I will change my tune. Just loving God's Domain.

Haha....this is why they're both great upgrades. Some people gravitate toward the more killy Trail....others toward the more supportive Domain.

Marcus....a master done right.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree with you there. I want to try out Trail in a couple of games because it seems great but I love how survivable +2 Def and the regenerate 1 makes Marcus, especially taking Protection to give him Def 8. He might not take out anything other than scheme runners but 1 ap for a 10 inch charge is a ton of bang for your buck.

I felt the same when I started playing Marcus, but often found that going to Df 7 or 8 made regen not as needed.  It also meant the rest of your crew pulling a lot of the weight as Marcus himself was not as flexible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of questions.

1. Blessed of december. Why take it over a cerberus?

2. Rogue Necromancy. Seems less mobile than most other beasts but fairly good at staying alive, good carrier of pack leader? 

3. Do people take feral instincts and hunger cry often generally one or the other to fit arcane resevoir in?

1 hour ago, bertmac said:

Couple of questions.

1. Blessed of december. Why take it over a cerberus?

2. Rogue Necromancy. Seems less mobile than most other beasts but fairly good at staying alive, good carrier of pack leader? 

3. Do people take feral instincts and hunger cry often generally one or the other to fit arcane resevoir in?

1. Different jobs. The cat is awesome at fire and forget....great for taking out some high priority target but if you can't protect it, the inevitable counter attack will neuter it (by reducing it to less than half wounds)....seriously, that plus flip is what it's all about. The BoD however is more defensive and you can count more on it to survive and do it's job to the end of the game....it's attack is not as powerful as the Cerberus, but it has the same repeating attack trigger, plus some other useful triggers....it's tougher to take down with it's better defenses and it can heal back to full.

Personally, I usually take the BoD over the Cat, then when I need the cat that's what Myranda turns into. Also, the BoD is my favorite Pack Leader carrier.....her defenses usually let it stay on the table all game....her Ht, speed, and maneuverability allow me to make sure she stays in LoS to the beasts I want to get the bonus (I rarely have anything out of LoS to the BoD honestly). BoD is auto-include for me in my Marcus lists...she has always been my MVP.

2. Great model....but expensive. It's low defense is a problem....models with high Wk damage will make short work of it. You can't just throw it in and expect it to survive for long....shoot first, then go in when it's time. Due to this personal mentality on its use, it wouldn't be my first choice for Pack Leader....it may last long enough to get good use out of it, so it shouldn't be ignored as a choice, but it probably won't last the entire game.

3. I always take all 3 of Marcus' personal upgrades.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bertmac said:

Would you suggest stalking 2 models between the cerberus and necro to get it extra movement?

I always throw Stalk out there....you don't have to make the move if you don't want to. I don't like that you have to move your full movement (end as close as possible to the enemy)....most times it will take you out of cover and just put you in jeopardy....but it can very occasionally be useful.

6 minutes ago, bertmac said:

So Howl gives a condition. If the non beast becomes a beast does it then get +2wp?

Yes. That is correct. Domesticate can help here, especially against anything lower than a Henchman (that can't burn SS).....a +2 Wp on a Neg Flip doesn't help a lot.

• Like 1

Had a good game vs Shenlong tonight.

Marcus with trail, resevoir, feral upgrades.

Myranda with imbued energies and pack leader.

Cerberus, imbued energies.

Blessed.

Jackalope.

December acolyte.

Silurid.

Strat was headhunter and originally the plan was to use the silurid to pick up heads but make them suffer was in the schemes so i kept it out of the way.

Won 10-5 with protect territory and frame for murder letting schlong kill marcus turn 2. I was able to pick apart the rest of his crew with myranda the blessed the cerberus and another cerberus summoned from myranda who killed a katanaka sniper thanks to poison. Both imbueds gave me cards which were much needed as my turn 2 hand was gash!

2 hours ago, bertmac said:

Anyone charged Marcus and just passed off attacks to something he's already made into a beast with his df trigger? Good way around the df trigger!

Do you mean you want to turn an opposing model into a beast, then purposefully hit Marcus to hurt that model instead? It doesn't work, since Defend Me only triggers if Marcus is hit by an enemy model. (If Marcus gets hit by an enemy attack, you can pass the effects to an enemy beast, but that's more than situational IMO.)

Tough game for me today. This was my first real game with no assistance from those around me...and it showed haha.
50ss, Recon with Distract, Deliver Message, Entourage and Body Guard available.

I took:
Marcus - Feral Instincts, Hungry Cry and Trail of the Gods
Myranda - Imbued Energies
Cerberus
Waldgeist
Waldgeist
Silurid
Canine Remains
Canine Remains
Jackalope

I was up against Lady J, Judge, 2x Death Marsh, Crutchstringer, 2x Ronin, Lawyer and Scales.

I opted for Deliver Message and Entourage.

My opponent opted for Line in the Sand and Deliver Message.

Things started off great as a multi charge saw the Cerberus drag Lady J down kicking and screaming but that was my only real win for the game as I made a plethora of mistakes that allowed my opponent back into the game - including killing Lady J before I delivered the message...even though I could have easily done it for 3VP - poop!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've been toying with Marcus crews and get 90% towards a setup I really like before I get stuck.  Any suggestions on what I should do with the last 6 SS here?

Marcus
- Trail
- Hunger
- Feral
Jackalope
Myranda+IE
Blessed+Pack Leader
Silurid
Waldgeist
Canine Remains
Guild Hound
???

Also, how important are double Canine remains these days with all the Hound options?  I've got one from McMourning and wasn't sure if there was much need for a box of 3 more.