Uk gt 2013

Clousseau

Thanks again David for organising another great event and for my opponents for great games. Needs to be said that was probably my last game on malifaux 1.5, having my last APs being spent on lady justice killing Mei and a rail worker was an excellent end to finish the weekend and enter the new edition.

Also really good to put some more faces behind the forums names.

Thanks everyone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish to repeat the thanks, Dave, for a fantastically run tournament and James for the side events they were great fun. Thanks also to my opponents for some fantastic games.

Well done to all those who won the various prizes, and thanks for those of you who voted for 'bedtime bear' in the painting competition it helped make a good end to a day that started not so well.

All in all a top notch event and looking forward to the next one.

thanks again and hope everyone and a smooth journey home.

joe

Edited by Tarantio

Marcus' wounds - Marcus charge - Marcus Regen number + The TN for Wild heart + his severe damage

Or somethign to that effect. Only 1 team actually knew all the values, the other was lucky enough to have their errors cancel out to get the right answer...

The next question was on what page of the 1.5 book does he appear.

It was a Malifaux math question based on Marcus' stats that Craig came up with on the spot. I honestly cant remember it exactly.

It was actually tough but the two teams in the tie break both got the right answer which was funny.

Even more fun when we got the right number but the wrong calculation. I believe it was Marcus wild heart CC + charge + regen-severe damage?

Edited by Bacms
Still tired from the GT

Thanks to Dave and James for a slick, enjoyable well run event.

Also thanks to all my opponents, Joel, James (man of steel), Markus, other James (Mythicfox) and Garry. I had five very interesting and hard games which is all you want from a GT.

Congratulations also need to go to James for winning best painted and to Joel for winning.

See you all soon at a ranked event near you.

Luke.

Yep, another well run and enjoyable event. All the games were great fun and thanks to my opponents: Matthew, Joel, Phil, Markus and Austin.

Pleased with the Hardcore title, not so much with my performance in the main event though. I may do a brief rep on the games later this week.

Sad to see 1.5 go but also looking forward to seeing what 2.0 brings.

Cheers all.

What a cracking event this was! Ignore Phil, we don't apologise for being rowdy during the quiz LOL although I do think shouting out Von Schill for pretty much every answer should have given us an auto-win :D

I did have a really good weekend though, with some quality moments in games!

I also played Colette twice after not having played her before, the shiz she does with soulstones was doing my head in haha, and Martin your doves can bugger right off they were a pain! :D

A big thanks to the organiser and my opponents for making it a really fun weekend, it was also nice chatting to you other guys too!

Now to get cracking with M2E for next year! :D

I enjoyed popping in and having a real m2e game with Henchman Lee. Nice to see some friendly old faces (and young too). It was kind of a shame not being able to take part but circumstances and RL took over this time.

Was wondering what people's thoughts were on TTN - location, venue, facilities as well as the distance travelled to it.

THIS! (Although I think it only works in a second edition context)

In First Edition he was the answer to ALL problems, now he is just the answer to all problems the outcast have.

Edit- TO answer Conrad

Location wise I thougth was pretty good. We had about 60 miles journey to the venue, which was about as good as I'm going to get for something this size. (We had to head North to get there, mansfield is something like 4 hours journey each way)

I like the size of the hall, and the space we had. It was easy for everyone to hang around and play what ever they liked.

The food is ok, nothing amazing, but is decent. I liked the evenign meal, it was nice and well cooked. Was unable to drink, but the bar seemed ok. Nice to be on site.

prize support in the form of shop vouchers seems pretty good for the ones I've been to, suggesting its pretty cheap (in effect) to hire.

Edited by Adran

For us flying in TTN was perfect. Southend Airport is literally 5 minutes away on the train. Would need to find a different hotel next time I think. If it wasnt for David offering us a lift to and from TTN both days we would have built up a hefty enough taxi bill.

Facilities and food were great. Even if the chairs required you trusted them more than you would your mother.

I'm with mythicFox about the tea, I have a huge problem and need copious amounts. The lunch was a bit underwhelming I'd have preferred something green in my lunch, maybe some sandwiches from around the road. The evening meal was top notch. Great event all in all, it would be nice if it was painted crews as there are that many minis to put on the table and maybe some music, just to give it a bit more of a feel. Will be going to another for sure! Oh and Damn Vin Schiller to hell Austen!

• 2 weeks later...