New Friends for Zoraida!

noneshallpass

What I now have is:

Zoraida-Box:

Zoraida

3 Silurids = 15

Bad Juju = 10

(I proxy the Voodoo Doll with the small Dolls from the Zoraida-Box)

+ 2 Stitched Together = 10

So I have a crew to play games with 20, 25, 30 or 35 points.

I would like to have a bit more variety in it but since Zoraida doesn't need $$ I would like to stay inside the /5-Scheme...

I've learnt that the Doppelganger is a good friend of Zoraida but it is worth 8$$. So I would need a 3 or a 7-point-model to complete the crew.

What models can you recommend?

You need to step outside that. Also, Bad Juju isn't very good with her. She likes a beater she can Obey to make it even scarier. Can't Obey Bad Juju. Honestly, nothing in that box is very good with her.

Stitched are pretty good with everyone. If taking them with Zoraida, might I recommend investing in the Collodi box though and adding him + 4 Marionettes to the crew. Him increasing the Wp of Stitched is hilarious when they go in to Gamble Your Life.

Also, I like Zoraida having soulstones. But if you feel she doesn't need them, giving them to Collodi is even better. Or Von Schill as a big nasty ranged hitter. He can use the soulstones and can be Obeyed for extra shots.

Both Twins and Tuco are amazing 7ss models for her as well. So even if you insist on staying to the multiples of 5, Doppleganger + Tuco is a good way to hit 15 again. Another way to spend 3ss is to just keep them and let Zoraida have 8ss at the start of the game.

I'll second the addition of Collodi and the stitched. Z doesn't really need the ss and Collodi can wreak havoc with them. As for the juju, if used him twice, once he did nothing and once he won the game for me. The i2i is a pita, but there are other models you can obey.

the doppelgänger is also situational. She will or won't work well depending on how you want to use her and what other models you and your opponent bring. I like one in a 35 or more ss game, but not for the lower ss games. If you do use her, figure out what you wat her to do, and bring models with abilities that support that.

Juju is great as long as you're not expecting him to be a hitter. He can be fantastic board control and can be quite the nagging threat.

Collodi is pretty boss so I'll back up everyone else and say you should get him.

The twins can provide some great board control and hitting power. A Mature is also a great hitter.

Sorry if I missed something but I wanted to know how Collodi can wreak with soulstones. I never seem to use any with him unless I really need damage prevention. Sulrids are amazing, they are great with most masters as a self contained unit. Send them off to do anything you need done as they don't require support. Alway found the twin very one dimensional and not that hard to negate, WP 4 on the boy is risky if you end up against the wrong crew.

I don't think I've even used them for damage prevention on him! His filled with stones and abilitiy to pass off attacks to the puppets keeps him alive.

I have used them, rarely, to boost a breath life when I needed it to cast and I recall stoning a disengaging strike on a sword vik once so that the dolls could tear her apart later, but no - he's not using many stones for me.

I use the stones to ensure he hits. That way I can cheat a mid/low card (i forget the suit) and stone up if I want the slow trigger, and do that on up to 2models. His severe damage, at 5, isn't bad either if you want to use the stone to ensure a standard or better flip on damage so you can cheat up if needed. In addition you can use the marionettes to reposition him and then obey for another attack with the slow trigger. put a wicked in b2b and add the poison 1.

If the opponent has 1or fewer cards, you can use the ss to increase your chances of dismantle.

I guess wreak havoc was a little strong, but with the positioning capabilities of his dolls, for me he gets far more use out of the ss than Z does.

Zoraida Rarely needs her SS, she can move around and is relatively survivable without them on her own. And Collodi is the same, he does not need a lot but keeping i would say around 4 just in case is always useful for him. Zoraida's Avatar on the other Hand, i find loves SS ether to use a low card to guarantee a trigger. And to help her survive a little bit longer, or simply to kill stuff.

On her own, 5 would generally be enough imo for her :)

As for models, anything Neverborn that gets called good works with her. As she is fairly independent in what she does. She makes your models move more/hit more whatever. And she can do exactly the same to your opponent, except working for you:P Always fun :)

So the Twins, Lelu and Lilitu are pretty much always effective.

Tuco, self contained, can work alone, but always effective again.

Mature Neph, gigantic beat stick, and fast.

Waldergeist's Good hitters, and if there is a Forrest, they get even better, and are able to assist with some board control/manipulation. (No idea if i spelt the name correctly.)

Collodi & his marionettes.

Wicked Dolls, great to have as they can be summoned each turn if you so chose.

Brutal effigy - Healing Flip

Arcane Effigy - Extra Cast action.

Terror Tots - Cheap significant

Desperate Mercs - Cheap, and deadly on the turn you kill them, even more so with obey.

Her Avatar i love, most of the time.

That is about everything i tend to consider for her

• 3 weeks later...
Zoraida Rarely needs her SS, she can move around and is relatively survivable without them on her own. And Collodi is the same, he does not need a lot but keeping i would say around 4 just in case is always useful for him. Zoraida's Avatar on the other Hand, i find loves SS ether to use a low card to guarantee a trigger. And to help her survive a little bit longer, or simply to kill stuff.

On her own, 5 would generally be enough imo for her :)

As for models, anything Neverborn that gets called good works with her. As she is fairly independent in what she does. She makes your models move more/hit more whatever. And she can do exactly the same to your opponent, except working for you:P Always fun :)

So the Twins, Lelu and Lilitu are pretty much always effective.

Tuco, self contained, can work alone, but always effective again.

Mature Neph, gigantic beat stick, and fast.

Waldergeist's Good hitters, and if there is a Forrest, they get even better, and are able to assist with some board control/manipulation. (No idea if i spelt the name correctly.)

Collodi & his marionettes.

Wicked Dolls, great to have as they can be summoned each turn if you so chose.

Brutal effigy - Healing Flip

Arcane Effigy - Extra Cast action.

Terror Tots - Cheap significant

Desperate Mercs - Cheap, and deadly on the turn you kill them, even more so with obey.

Her Avatar i love, most of the time.

That is about everything i tend to consider for her

Do you never consider Ophelia?

Never thought of her yet, i rarely look out of faction, and with her Avatar i tend to like he keeping her SS :) But i have frequently read she is a good choice with her:) However she stops me taking the effigy's as well, and recently (perhaps to much guild play) i am becoming a fan of the Brutal a lot:)

Never thought of her yet, i rarely look out of faction, and with her Avatar i tend to like he keeping her SS :) But i have frequently read she is a good choice with her:) However she stops me taking the effigy's as well, and recently (perhaps to much guild play) i am becoming a fan of the Brutal a lot:)

I agree, but try her with Hamelin- low model count but alot of fun. Its not as 'competative' as a collodi/zoraida crew but it is such a hard hitting combo. Great fun imo. I am going to be taking part in a campaign at my local club, so will be running her with some low ss minions for a bit of fun.