Big Ned's hobby thread

Big Ned

Absolutely love muted colorschemes on Nothing Beast and Karina, like someone else who pointed out your muted colors and almost wwII uniform color choices. Plays well in this steampunk wild west setting!

The nothing beast and karina was somehow even better than the rest. The meticulous shading and highlighting you did really brought them out. well done!

Sure!

1. Those are resin bases with pre-moulded snow. I build the colour up from light blue-grey to pure white. Then I coat the snow with PVA glue and sprinkle on either snow flock or baking soda.

2. The NB and Wretches were basecoated with GW Gretchin green (I think, it's the camo green foundation paint). They were given a purple wash. I left it overnight to dry and then highlighted them with a thinned base coat and added white for successive highlights. I kept the paint nice and thin to give a smooth finish.

I'm working my way through my backlog while waiting for some of the new plastic kits to come out so,

Here's Johan

The reason his relic hammer is painted the way it is is part of an in-joke around here. I've never actually had Johan do any damage on the table. This includes the game where he charged in and ended up with a double positive flip and flipped the black joker on damage. John (Darkside), the TO, was laughing so hard as he happened to be passing at the time and said it must be a squeaky hammer he's got.

So when it came time to paint him, I painted the hammer as if it had been made by Fisher-Price

20131109_222949_zps12579bae.jpg

20131109_223002_zpsa49dcb01.jpg

I can see now the odd recess where the varnish hadn't quite cured properly before I took the photo...nevermind.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a bit quiet as I've been working on a painting competition mini.

Rather than going for a master/avatar as many have for the comp I thoight I'd try something a bit different and went for a simple minion

Here's my union miner

20131124_132157_zpscab3aee3.jpg

20131124_132132_zps84bc17d8.jpg

20131124_132348_zps874fe046.jpg

And here's preview of my (un)death marshals for tara's crew.

20131124_213646_zpsdd9e22b9.jpg

Edited by Big Ned
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...