The Miners and Steamfitters Union Strikes!

Sybarite

Pride365: Thanks a lot :D

Sephiroth: Glad you do :) my iphone saturates the colours a bit though. So they're not quite as vibrant in reality. The picture's i'm posting today are more accurate. They were taken with a proper camera.

RagingRodian: i think they're difficult to paint and i feel they're what i need to improve the most. Some people have also said they don't like my metals after seeing my pictures. True metallics are diffucult to photograph too so that doesn't help i guess ^^.

Sorry if i'm posting too many pictures now. This'll be a pretty big update.

Here is my rail golem :) It was rather tricky to paint and a big model like this one with almost only metallics felt a bit daunting. For a while i thought it was going to turn out pretty bad but in the end i'm really proud of how it turned out and i think i've improved my metallics painting. It was challenging and good practice. Tamm (Girlfriend) helped me install LED lights in it for that angry glow :D So huge thanks to Tamm for the help and to Demonn Angram for the inspiration! Check out Demonn's paintlog - lots of awesome stuff there.

i added some rusty chains, a turning wheel and a pair of cogs for some extra interesting bits.

Rail-golem-frontb_zps6ef183f7.png

Rail-golem-backb_zpsf27a7929.png

Rail-golem-leftb_zpsfdf927bd.png

Rail-golem-rightb_zpsa2c4e58c.png

And some group shots! i'm really proud of this crew actually. i think they look great together :) They're great fun to play too!

Rail-crew-group_zps407e77d1.png

i'm sad that Mei and Kaeris broke up in m2e. :( They were the hottest couple in Malifaux! (pun intended)

Rail-crew-group-zoom-in-1_zps73e4ae16.png

railcrewgroupshot1_zps69f7fce2.png

A supply wagon i quickly built and painted for the Swedish masters :)

supply-wagon_zps1493bc7b.png

And lastly my "Student of constructs" student of conflict counts as. It's based on a chaos familiar from 40k, with minimal conversion work.

Student-of-Constructs_zpsabd2f549.png

Still gotta paint Willie, gunsmiths and now miss step, but i might take a short break from this crew.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Some very late replies for me but...

Thanks Nemissary and Eatenbypotchky :) Really glad you like them.
I love making bases for miniatures.

Haven't done much for my m&su crews until recently, but here's another update with a gunsmith. Sorry about the bad picture quality. It obscures some hasty paintjobs on the pistols ;P for better or for worse. Ugh pistols are boring things to paint, haha.

Gunsmith-front_zpsce8028af.png

Gunsmith-back_zps4e3a4748.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I speed painted a Ramos crew for the Dragonfaux 3 Malifaux tournament in Stockholm last weekend. Ended up using Ramos for only 1 of the 3 games, but it was a fun game and it went well! It was a very fun tournament!
The arachnids and miner were very quick drybrush, wash and simple highlights. I spent a little bit more time on Ramos and Joss. Time well spent since Ramos won me a painting trophy for best painted master.
6 of the arachnids are magnetised so they can become swarms. :) 

Speedpainted-Ramos-crew_zps4de2b3bf.png

Ramos-crew-close-up_zpsba677326.png

• Like 5