Collodi crazy momvement + wicked doll

Naelsh

How far can one get with Collodi?

Staring of with a few basic questions regarding the movements:

Q1: Marionettes need to be within 8" of collodi, is this the entire base or not?

Q2: Is it true that you can place Collodi anywhere as long as it is in base contact with the marionette when using "Pull strings"

Q3: Is the same true when using the marionettes ability?

Q4: Does a wicked doll have to have the entire base within 2" when using its teleport to puppet master ability?

Cause then one should be able to with using collodi as the first miniature, trigger fast dolls and target one wicked doll to be able to activate after collodi as well as having all marionettes activate immediately after collodi. Also use breathe life on the wicked doll.

(for easy counting all bases are 1")

Move 1st marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side.

Move 2nd marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side. (+1 since collodis base allows it to teleport infront of collodi)

Move 3nd marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side. (+1 since collodis base allows it to teleport infront of collodi)

Move 4nd marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side. (+1 since collodis base allows it to teleport infront of collodi)

Teleport wicked doll within 2" and then move 5+5+5 And strike once.

Total 9+10+10+10+15 = 54" threat range for the wicked doll... Sure its one crappy attack, but still interesting.

Is this possible?

Yes that is possible.

Bear in mind that the furthest from a point you are on the board is 50" corner to corner, you can have got the marionettes hitting other models on the way with their fast and melee expert actions.

"Within" is part of the base must be within the distance. "Completely within" is all of the base must be with the distance.

Place in Base contact is anywhere in base contact.

Should answer all 4 of your questions.

yes makes deliver the message quite nice and easy to achieve for a collodi crew.

of course if you string out like you do in that example his movement will be not so good in the next turn since only 1 marrionette will be in range most likely to activate with collodi and the others will have to go seperately (and not be fast.)

Yes, Collodi is that crazy fast. I was doing a Plant the Evidence scheme where the four terrain pieces were basically in a straight line evenly space across the board. In one turn I went from the first piece, to taking the second and third pieces with marrionettes and having a third marrionette in position to take the fourth piece (less then 2" away) the next turn.

If you start with a few wicked dolls and then take a Widow Weaver to pump out a few more as the game goes on he becomes scary. WIcked dolls are superb, if brittle, and can (0) to collodi then perform the 2 action necessary for alot of schemes and strategies. Dont forget they also get a WP and become significant whilst near Collodi. They can also count for numbers/survival strategies as well if you can keep them alive.

One piece of advice though is ALWAYS cast Filled with stones on collodi before he engages the enemy- the 2 games I haven't done this I have SERIOUSLY regretted it.

My only other piece of advice is sure, the (0) action to zoom to collodi is amazing, but try to start with some wicked dolls on the board. Move them and keep out of line of sight and out of your opponents threat range. When Collodi and his puppet train start moving up the board these guys will already be in position to run to where the action is and start chucking out (0) healing flips to everyone. Imagine your opponents face when he has finally taken the filled with stones marionette or stitched down to 1 wound, or damaged collodi and then these little guys walk in and make them have to do it all over again next turn while your fast puppet train has smashed face, poisoned the enemy then moved onto the next objective...ouch!

My mainline crew has been Collodi for a while now. I've tried him a few different ways, both with and without the Weaver Widow.

Naelsh

Collodi crazy momvement + wicked doll

How far can one get with Collodi?

Staring of with a few basic questions regarding the movements:

Q1: Marionettes need to be within 8" of collodi, is this the entire base or not?

No, they need to JUST be inside of 8 inches of Collodi.

Q2: Is it true that you can place Collodi anywhere as long as it is in base contact with the marionette when using "Pull strings"

It's not technically a place, but yes. Remember, he needs a clear path to do this (even backwards movement around your crew) but you do need to be able to slide him around. This is important if you've surrounded him with dolls and he has no way to walk out.

Q3: Is the same true when using the marionettes ability?

I understand it to be the same.

Q4: Does a wicked doll have to have the entire base within 2" when using its teleport to puppet master ability?

The wicked doll does not need to end with the entire base inside of 2".

Cause then one should be able to with using collodi as the first miniature, trigger fast dolls and target one wicked doll to be able to activate after collodi as well as having all marionettes activate immediately after collodi. Also use breathe life on the wicked doll.

(for easy counting all bases are 1")

Move 1st marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side.

Move 2nd marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side. (+1 since collodis base allows it to teleport infront of collodi)

Move 3nd marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side. (+1 since collodis base allows it to teleport infront of collodi)

Move 4nd marionette as far as possible from collodi => almost 9" teleport for collodi placing him on the other side. (+1 since collodis base allows it to teleport infront of collodi)

Teleport wicked doll within 2" and then move 5+5+5 And strike once.

Total 9+10+10+10+15 = 54" threat range for the wicked doll... Sure its one crappy attack, but still interesting.

Is this possible?

Yeah pretty much. However you'll never need 54" of movement and will end up getting a lot more attacks when dropping wicked dolls this way. Each dropped wicked doll should have 3 AP minimum. So, if you drop into melee, it's 3 attacks. If you can't reach melee, you can charge in for a total of two attacks. The big concern is having Collodi survive the return hit.

The most successful 35 stone crew I've made for him has been:

Collodi - 8 SS cache

4x Marionettes

1x Stitched Together

7x Wicked Dolls

You could drop 3 SS for an 8th Wicked Doll but the soulstones are typically used for keeping Collodi alive. This strategy allows for an alpha strike anywhere across the table while also allowing you to out-activate your opponent. Plus, every model is a doll so his pulse-fast ability provides a ridiculous amount of extra AP.

Edited by Falhurk

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I understood the henchman number to provide you a discount on your crew equal to whatever that number is. Your SS pool should only be limited by the rulebook SS pool rules based on what size of a game you're playing.

I'm not sure there is an additional requirement on henchmen for lower soulstone pools.

The most successful 35 stone crew I've made for him has been:

Collodi - 8 SS cache

4x Marionettes

1x Stitched Together

7x Wicked Dolls

You could drop 3 SS for an 8th Wicked Doll but the soulstones are typically used for keeping Collodi alive. This strategy allows for an alpha strike anywhere across the table while also allowing you to out-activate your opponent. Plus, every model is a doll so his pulse-fast ability provides a ridiculous amount of extra AP.

As has been said Collodi can't have a starting pool of 8. I have found playign against him that he doesn't need much of a startign pool anyway. He isn't doing much taht requires him to use a soulstone (he doesn't attack or cast tricky spells normally) and typically his marionettes kill what ever is near him. The ability to pass hits off to the marionettes also reduces his defense needs so he probably doesn't need to spend many on keeping himself alive.

Obviously your play style may be different, but I would rather the extra minion (or 2), that the full cache