Yan Lo players?

Jewomie

If he's a Rezzer:

Drowned (fantastic minion, board control and damage output)

Night Terrors (needs no explaination)

Ashigaru (Soooooo gooood!!)

Punks (great minion all around and you'll need a good amount if you plan on getting Toshiro. You are getting Toshiro right? :P)

Onryo: (good for stripping Wp immunities so Yan can go to town

Crooked Men: (Great minion, good ranged damage and board control. Fantastic trigger)

Ashigaru

As 10T:

10T Bro. (Fantastic 5ss minion, they do it all, onj grab, tank, damage, love em)

Oiran: (super good utility for 4ss)

Yamaziko: (because Yamaziko, great utility piece as well.)

Ashigaru

Oh by the way I don't know if I mentioned before, but ashigaru.

I feel as though i have really missed out on a rezzer staple by never picking up the drowned or the crooked men... I may have to remedy that. ;) (don't tell rebecca?)

Also, Joel, I owe you an apology. I checked the stats in book 4 after i got home from work and realized that Ashigaru might surpass punk zombies as my minion-of-choice from now on. Not sure if i misunderstood your point, or if i just was remembering them incorrectly, but i'm almost positive that i will have them on the table at all times. lol

no apology required :) I actually think punk zombies are far from being a bad choice in any list that can move them about quickly, or in a strategy where your opponent will have to come to you. Cb7 is never to be underestimated.

drowned I see quite often at my club, although I dont have any myself yet, and they are pretty sweet. Crooked men are less common in my area, simply because I think the resser players have been focusing on buying other things first.

See, i LOVE the punk zambies. I never run McMorning without at least one or two. even in a strat where i need to be moving quickly i still bring one alone. However, the Ashigaru's ability to keep people 3" away and their (seemingly better) survivability i just can't ignore. Maybe i'll keep a punk around in place of one of the Ashigaru. lol.

The other reason they might out do the punks is that their spells don't cost health. I don't think i have ever successfully transferred wds from a punk to another model. they always manage to get the resist and i'm left with a minion at half health right in the danger zone. lol

well lucky for me Rebecca is going to be kind enough to share a torokage so i'll probably be trying all of these combinations. The truth is though, that i'll almost always be playing him as a Resurrectionist since Rebecca is picking up Misaki at the same time. But we'll see. I really like the 10T archers and i think they would bring a little of the needed range support to the crew. but even that is heavily dependant on the opposing crew and the strats. lol.

Well, that is awfully kind of her. Lol, you know it's love when someone is willing to share their hired ninjas with you :P lol

Yeah, I only play 10T but most of the people I know play him as a Rezzer and love him in that Capacity.

Side-note: Misaki is a good start to the 10T. Between Reckless and her Shadow...she's so fricken mobile and hits as hard as Ototo (who she brings also). Lol...I was playing against a guild player the other day and it was Ototo and a crap fate hand vs a Perdita with an awesome Fate hand and her retaliatory shots when I missed were F'ing me up down to where my Hard To Kill saved me. I spent my last AP on his healing flip, got it off, and flipped the red joker and healed all wounds. The opponent was so depressed lol.

Haha, i've been on both ends of that!

She is pretty excited to start Misaki. We picked up the starter boxes to both crews. plus the boxes for Izamu, the archers, the oiran, and yamizako (did i spell that wrong? i bet i did)

I figure, that gives us a good starting pool to hire from for ten thunders pieces, plust she already is a die hard Viktoria player so she already has all the mercs Misaki can hire, and i have a pretty extensive Reserrectionist collection. so we should have just about everything we could ever want. with a couple exceptions like Kang and maybe Mr. Graves. But those can come much much later. lol

Glad someone else has seen how good ashigaru can be - one of my favourite book 4 minions at the moment.

I agree with this statement 100%. They are amazing control, surprising fast, and their (1) Lunge is great if you know you're close enough.

I took two last night to help protect some dynamite markers and they did a great job. For 4ss I'm fairly certain I'll take them almost always in my lists over Punk Zombies (I only play Yan as 10T even though I have every rezzer crew almost).

While the zombie/lure would work in 10T with the Orion, I don't see it as useful as the Ashigaru doing what they do well. For 4ss they can kill a few things, maybe protect a location and if they die its not bad since you'll most likely get corpse counters to help Yan if he needs them.

My 25ss list recently for shared Line in Sand was:

Yan (2cache, 3 chi into bone)

Soul Porter

2x Ashigaru

Izamu

Chiaki

After playing through a tournament with Yan Lo and crew (as ressers), I appreciate Ashigaru more than I thought I would. They're long-lasting unless you're facing a big beater, and witch Chiaki around to heal and buff, they can be pretty mean. I will reiterate, after having taken them in a number of games, that Belles are amazing with Yan Lo. I took two Belles and three Ashigaru in a 40SS game, and the control that it gave me of the board (pushing here, pulling there), was phenomenal. Also, I have to say that I can't wait for Toshiro to come out, because what Yan Lo needs the most, IMO, is a summoner in his crew. I want to try out Molly, but I know Toshi's going to be far superior.

thanks man, good to know!

I broght back Dr. McM this weekend and i have to day... i may never want to take belles for whatever visual reason... but they are undeniable once they are on the table. They don't do much, but what they do is done so well. I am willing to bet one of them find their way into most of my resser lists from now on!