My Malifaux Odyssey

BlackSmoke

I have another thread covering my Guild crew, but my painting is rather haphazard these days and I tend to just paint the figures that take my fancy, so I thought I'd start a second thread and just lump all my painting into it. I've taken an oath on my blog not to start anything new until I've painted everything that I plan to game with this year and that includes the McMourning, Colette and Zoraida starter sets, so you can expect to see these appear over the next couple of months. I've also decided to try and make my bases a bit more interesting after someone pointed out that my Guild ones are a bit plain, which was a fair criticism. So to start with, here's Sebastian. Let me know what you think!

post-6344-13911927320589_thumb.jpg

A couple more clickable images are over on the blog - http://colourofwar.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/malifaux-sebastian-morgue-assistant.html

Sebastian looks great, the muted browns palette suits him really well, i like how the severed arm and blood spatter adds a hint of colour to your model/base without overpowering it.

The rust on the blade of his circular saw looks pretty good as well. If he was my miniature id probably add some blood to the saw blade and maybe a touch more detail to the base with some grass or rubbish but thats just me nitpicking and i need to add more work to my own bases. All round great job, well done.... and more piccy's please.

The rust on the blade of his circular saw looks pretty good as well. If he was my miniature id probably add some blood to the saw blade and maybe a touch more detail to the base with some grass or rubbish but thats just me nitpicking and i need to add more work to my own bases. All round great job, well done.... and more piccy's please.

Yeah, I'll add some blood to his saw. Give it the 'freshly used' look! :)

And thanks for the feedback, so far! Here's a pic of the Flesh Construct that I actually painted last year. Not quite as good as Seb and again, the base could do with some detail added!

post-6344-13911927378374_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

After a bit of a diversion into Infinity I'm finally back on track painting some Malifaux. I've not done any more with the Rezzers because the Zoraida box arrived through the post, along with a couple of extras, and I simply had to start them! :) So here are the Silurids, Voodoo Doll and Stitched Together. Bases are still to be finished! Comments and critique welcome! :)

post-6344-13911928143214_thumb.jpg

post-6344-13911928143452_thumb.jpg

post-6344-13911928143674_thumb.jpg

Those stitched are very nice. Can you please let me know what colors you used?

Sure! The paints were all Vallejo Model Colour except for my trusty GW wash:

Basecoat - Beige Brown

Wash - Devlan Mud

1st highlight - Beige Brown + German Camo Beige

2nd Highlight - German Camo Beige

Final highlights - German Camo Beige + white

Then some thinned German Camo Black Brown in the shadows to deepen for contrast.

Amazing Zoraida and Stitchies. Really empressive. I might even steal your Stitchies painting scheme for my own. :3

Thanks, and feel free! I'm terribly colourblind, so the idea of someone actually pinching a paint scheme is amazing for me! :)

But the Malifaux odyssey continues! I attended the Malifaux tournament in Glasgow yesterday, to watch and play a friendly and I really enjoyed it (thanks to Grumhelden for organising). Naturally, within a few hours more figures were ordered to round out this lot that are currently under construction:

post-6344-13911928244417_thumb.jpg