Podcast Wars

Guild Monkee

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, thinking back to something I had wondered about when Vassal was first mentioned, I am wondering how easy it might be for some of the games in this series to perhaps have "end of turn" screen capture images to capture the flow of games?

I understand that it will not show everything and only end-state in a given turn, but it might be a start to having some decently elaborate battle reports.

So, would it be difficult to post 6 screen cap images of the end of the turns? (Or whatever is appropriate for the given game)

I am sort of hoping to use the experience of others in vassal to understand how feasible it might be to "broadcast" Adepticon finals, etc...

Guysssss, I don't wanna take other And's thread but;

- Me and Monkee are gonna have a chat about this a week on sunday at the tournament we're at and I'll be bored sunday night and we'll have a rulespack type thing.

- On top of that, it might have got lost in the thread, but I have a website willing to host videos of all the Vassal games post-recording. Recording them is really simple, and records both audio and video, and obviously with us all being pro podcasters, we can make it super cool and have a massive archive of video games between people that they already know about.

:)

The plan is to properly kick this off straight after dead of winder finishes. As Craig said, we're going to talk through some ideas and I'll knock up a rules pack, etc so we all know we're playing properly (mainly for the benefit of us Brits). Feel free to get in plenty of practice games and trash talk is also encouraged.

This is moving really quickly toward some type of organization! Organization is way to close to editing.... who're the damn professionals here?

*grin*

I almost went with the "Help, we're being repressed by the empire... again!" but decided it might not be well received.

*grin**grin*

Damn, there it is... how the hell did that sneak in?

"Help, we're being repressed by the empire... again!" but decided it might not be well received.

You know you want it.. You want us to come in with a stern hand and order you around. It's obvious you can't be trusted with all this freedom stuff you go on about.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

*Waits for Kel to come in shouting USA, USA*

Huh.....

Looks like I was stood up by Joe. I almost think he was too "Screered" to face me again after Adepticon last year.

:'(

Sorry Greusome.. no battle report

So. How did the "real" game go then after Joe was "screered" off-fa-fa. Who did you play Da git? By the by I managed a 6-5 victory: and I'll take a 1 point win anyday.

#mathishard

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Tartan Skirmish Radio *will* be fighting for out Honour! WITH A U! Was waiting for DavidKerrSmith to take the challenge, but I guess I'll need to make the jump and hope he backs me up :)

I sort of agreed to this via Twitter when it was first announced.

If I can get Vassal to work then I will gladly take part. If not then just sent Dave H in to play for us, he's been on the show about 50% of the episodes anyway.

Promises Promises.....

*grin*

Brace yourself for part 1!

Entrants

Each podcast can include as many hosts as they wish with a minimum of 2. A host is defined as someone that has appeared on at least 20% of the released episodes. Show sponsors could also be included in the teams, subject to the same hiring restrictionse.g. Byron from Element Games could potentially represent the Bayou Broadcast if they've sponsored 20% of episodes (they are after all helping make these podcasts happen).

Rounds

For each round, each podcast will be paired up with another. The teams will have a fixed amount of time (at the moment 2 weeks seems likely) to play as many of the opposing hosts as possible. If you end up playing the same opponent multiple times, only the score of the first game against them will count. Arranging games will be left up to the individuals involved, I'm sure people can manage to arrange their own games (this allows more flexibility for working around time differences and commitments). At the end of each round, results will be submitted to me and an average score will be worked out for each team (to allow for differences in numbers). I'll then sort out the next round matchups until everyone has played each other.

Trophy

I've had an idea for a trophy that will need some input from the entrants. The plan is to do something similar to the Ashes that is a cricket trophy. The theory is that everyone sends me something (e.g. a card, stat card, etc) to burn and the ashes of everyone's stuff will be sealed into the trophy. This competition can then be repeated on an annual basis and the trophy move between podcasts as appropriate.

There'll be more coming later in the week as I get more time to type things up.

I think the 2 host requirement should be lifted, as there are some podcasts (Gamers Lounge being 1) where 2 hosts are not willing or able to take part.

On the less serious side......

The 20% requirement is nice for all you younger podcasts with only a couple shows all together. It really puts a limit on those established and real Malifaux podcasts out there.... wow. I mean, come on.... Gamers Lounge has released 79 episodes to date (not counting No Gamer Left Behind or short announcements) so the hosts only count if they have been on at least 16 shows. By that criteria Dan and Mike only made it to counting by 1 show.

*grin* *grin*

Edited by nix

I think the 2 host requirement should be lifted, as there are some podcasts (Gamers Lounge being 1) where 2 hosts are not willing or able to take part.

Agreed but I'll sort out specific wording. The original intension of that bit was to stop podcasts only using their power gamer to represent them (e.g. the Malifools using Mike) to try and place them higher than they should be. I'll give this some thought and get back to you.

I'll keep an eye on the 20% ruling and see how many are effected by it. This may get adjusted to either a %age or number depending on the number of episode put out to date (although only Malifaux episode can count, none of that 40k rubbish!).

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

As we only have 2 host one without a computer id request the two be lifted.

Agreed :)