Good Lazarus Companions

Azmyak

If you're unlucky and he happens to get in a lot of melee, you can always take melee master from a Steampunk Arachnid Swarm. If you're playing Leveticus and like Collodi, you can take Use Soulstones from Collodi (this is awesome), or you can take Use Soulstones from Ramos if he is your master. You can't really take it from Hoffman, as you can't hire Laz and Perfect Machine means he can stop you from stealing it. I don't have book 4 so I'm not too clear on the Laz's Stats, but I know Use Soulstones is always great. What master are you using him with? If you're using Levi you may want to take the Steampunk Abomination's Hard to Wound, Caustic Aura (makes any enemy model within 3 inches make a Df->9 duel at the start closing phase or take 2 Dg, great for discouraging melee), or the (1) action Anomaly, which prevents models from targeting it with ranged attacks until it takes another action. You can also take lots of powerful effects from Ashes and Dust (in a higher point game) such as Choose your fate, which can automatically kill a charging enemy if it fails to damage you. Lastly, Leveticus can hire the 4 Riders, which adds a lot of cool abilities for him to steal. If you're playing Ramos, you can't hire a lot of those guys, but there are still lots of good options.

Thanks claymore for the many suggestions. I see you deduced from my other post my interest in lazarus :D. I appreciate the help on both accounts!

If you're unlucky and he happens to get in a lot of melee, you can always take melee master from a Steampunk Arachnid Swarm. If you're playing Leveticus and like Collodi, you can take Use Soulstones from Collodi (this is awesome), or you can take Use Soulstones from Ramos if he is your master. You can't really take it from Hoffman, as you can't hire Laz and Perfect Machine means he can stop you from stealing it. I don't have book 4 so I'm not too clear on the Laz's Stats, but I know Use Soulstones is always great. What master are you using him with? If you're using Levi you may want to take the Steampunk Abomination's Hard to Wound, Caustic Aura (makes any enemy model within 3 inches make a Df->9 duel at the start closing phase or take 2 Dg, great for discouraging melee), or the (1) action Anomaly, which prevents models from targeting it with ranged attacks until it takes another action. You can also take lots of powerful effects from Ashes and Dust (in a higher point game) such as Choose your fate, which can automatically kill a charging enemy if it fails to damage you. Lastly, Leveticus can hire the 4 Riders, which adds a lot of cool abilities for him to steal. If you're playing Ramos, you can't hire a lot of those guys, but there are still lots of good options.

Did they finally rule that Use Soulstone is treated as printed on the card of Masters and Henchmen for Lazarus to even Assimilate it? There's been a lot of back and forth on that one.

If not, Soulstone Miner would still be a good choice as you could Assimilate its Limited Soulstone Use along with some of its other abilities.

While we're in Arcanists, if you happen to be running Showgirls, Mannequins and Coryphee have plenty of fun things to steal.

Not having the book right here I may say something wrong but, isn't kang from mei fang crew a construct? Maybe he has some nice tricks for lazarus to assimilate, not to mention he should be ms&u member, so johann can get the +2 combat and discount.

(and well, if this works, add vanessa so I can play all of them with the viks)

at 35 SS, Lazarus on a Levi crew w/ A&D is an amazing combo.

Since I am a A&D/Rusty Alice/CR at 23 Stones you need it to be 35... but taking Fast from Lazarus is awesome... the issue is not having any scrap to work with. A LSA is a great pick, 2 scrap for Laz and one for Levi to make into a SPA... but now you're talking higher than 35 stone games for me...

Not having the book right here I may say something wrong but, isn't kang from mei fang crew a construct? Maybe he has some nice tricks for lazarus to assimilate, not to mention he should be ms&u member, so johann can get the +2 combat and discount.

(and well, if this works, add vanessa so I can play all of them with the viks)

Although Kang is quite the tank, he is not a construct.

He is an M&SU Member, so Johan does get both the hiring discount, via Dues Paid, and the +2Cb while within 3" of another friendly M&SU Member from Solidarity. Plus, if he's within :aura 3 of Kang after Kang activates his 0 of Fight With Me!, Johan receives an extra +1 to Cb.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

at 35 SS, Lazarus on a Levi crew w/ A&D is an amazing combo.

Since I am a A&D/Rusty Alice/CR at 23 Stones you need it to be 35... but taking Fast from Lazarus is awesome... the issue is not having any scrap to work with. A LSA is a great pick, 2 scrap for Laz and one for Levi to make into a SPA... but now you're talking higher than 35 stone games for me...

Not if you can afford to drop Alyce. :P