Haul of Eggs - 25SS Starter Tournament in Milton Keynes 23/3/12

Clousseau

The Haul of Eggs tournament will take place at Wargames Workshop MK on Saturday 23rd March. (Wargames Workshop, 18-19 Kingston Quarter, Kingston, Milton Keynes MK10 0BA - catch Arriva 300 or 8 bus from MK Railway station.)

To encourage newer players (and challenge everyone else) this will be fixed master, 25SS from a pool consisting of any starter box, the master's totem (if not in the box) and 1 blister or box of minions (not henchmen). Summoned/created/grown models do not have to come from the pool, but only 1 additional type to those in the pool will be allowed.

(So Lilith could take Terror Tots & Nekima, then grow the Tots into Young Nephs [type not in pool] then those into Mature Nephs [type in pool]).

The event will be unranked, and 3 x 105 min rounds.

£10 entry - prizes dependant upon no. entrants, but will include a LE Egg Hauler and some Sarissa buildings.

Rules pack is attached, which includes details of how to pay me [ATTACH]10177[/ATTACH].

Crews won't need to be painted, but there will be a prize for best painted Master.

24 places

1. Oshova/Tim (Mei Feng)

2. OldManMyke/Mike (Rasputina Ophelia)

3. jimjeater/Jim (Leveticus)

4. Kingledge/Matt (Seamus)

5. furysblade/Aron (Lilith)

6. Thomas (Lady Justice)

7. Joel (Kaeris)

8. Sarge/Graham (Viktorias)

9. leebat/Lee (Dreamer?)

10. Powderfan/Michael (Ramos)

11. flatline/Adrian (Mei Feng)

12. Poulpox/Thomas (Hamelin)

13. OTP/Pete (Mei Feng)

14. Dr Blood Garage/James (Sonnia Crid)

15. DukeDorian/Patrick (Lilith)

16. bacms/Bruno (Perdita)

17. rocknutter/Garry (Sonnia Crid)

18. McDoogle/Mark

19. SweetDreams

20. Mockingbird78

21. RedKnight

22. Tororo

bold = paid

Edited by Clousseau
entrants updated

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Total newbie to this game but would love to join in the event.

Please add me to the list.

Cheers

PS. Please advise how I can pay etc.

Welcome on board. Hopefully you can get some practice in - not sure where you are but we play at the venue on Monday evenings and occasional weekends.

Payment details are in the rules pack.

Would like to come over to this and there's a few people from our club interested. Please put me down with a Von Schill crew. At the moment I've only ever played one game of Malifaux but should have a few more under my belt before this!

Glad to have you on board, and be good to see some of the Cambridge players.

If you also play at Lost Love you'll have played at least 5 games before this event!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be using the Gaining Grounds version of Treasure Hunt for this tournament. (Although it has not yet been officially released it uses the same principle as the one we're all familiar with, but the scoring is less biased towards really quick crews.)

Setup

Place one 30mm Treasure Counter in the center of the table after Crews have deployed,

but before the Encounter begins.

Special

Beginning on Turn 2, a non-Insignificant model in base contact with the Treasure

Counter may perform a (2) Interact Action to pick up the Treasure Counter if it is not

engaged by an enemy model. A model carrying the Counter can drop or pass it to

another model in base contact as a (1) Interact Action. A model carrying the Treasure

Counter changing position on the table by an effect other than the Walk Action or

leaving play drops the Treasure Counter in base contact with itself before changing

position. While carrying the Counter, a model reduces its Wk to 4 and cannot have its

Wk increased by any means. Spirits lose the ability to move through other models and

the ability to ignore terrain penalties while carrying the Treasure Counter. Models lose

Flight or Float while carrying the Treasure Counter.

Victory

At the end of each Turn after the first, if the Treasure Counter is carried by a player’s

model and that model is not engaged with an enemy model, that player scores 1 VP up

to a maximum of 4 VP.

• 2 weeks later...