Tips and help needed for Collodi

JoyPi

good list - you are looking at it. Everything else is pure icing on the cake.

would highly recommend learning that lot like the back of your hand since it is the bread and butter of any good collodi list, and takes more finess to play properly then people give him credit for.

afterwards though would recommend some effigies probably brutal for some ranged potential.

I have used collodi with dreamer was games where speed and objectives were key. Collodi rarely uses soulstones, so doesn't take that from the dreamer/chompy who loves 'em.

It can also really help the model/activation count of your force allowing chompy to do things unmolested.

Zoraida is probably a better fit though.

As so many others have mentioned, the effigy dolls are good purchases. The brutal probably tops the list, and the carrion effigy is probably bottom, but the rest are pretty even. The mysterious effigy has a wonderful slow-bomb and that, coupled with collodi making dolls fast can really hammer your opponent in the AP battle.

Weaver widow is a bit of an oddity - I find her situational, but fun. Nice model to paint though :)

Merry Christmas.

I made the experience the main difference between Collodis Minions is that some can jump to him and the others can't. On the first glance this doesn't seem to matter much, but on the second its nearly the only thing that matters.

If you jump ahead with Collodi you want and need to hit hard because you are very, very vulnerable in the next turn. So every point spend on those minions that are 10" behind is a point that kills/imobilises Collodi because it can't back him up. So if you go fast go for Marionettes and Wicked Dolls and everything that supports them (e.g. Zoraida, Weaver Widow, Arcane Effigy [when without Zoraida]).

The other way to play him is with his slow and painfull brick of models. The Stitched and Effigies. (4 Marionettes are always a must have.) You want to keep Collodi close to the Stitched to give them fast and that +2Wp which is essential for (1) Gamble your Life

Arcane: Arcane Reservoir and when Collodi is leading a second (1) Breath Life and another out activation Minion that hits quite hard and gets underestimated.

Carrion: Did your enemy just smile because he is Immune to Influence and your Stitched only do Wp based damage. Time to smile for you because the Carrion Effigy can take him his immunity. And giving a stitched with (2) Filled with Stones the ability to heal from corpse counters is huge.

Brutal: Well heal of course and overall stable.

Mysterious: The slow Pulse is nice but hard to use.

Of course you can try to combine both and it is for sure no bad idea. Its just a more challenging strategy.

While I would agree that Weaver Widow can be situtational, I have found that "situational" is almost every situation. She comes with multiple strengths which all directly buff Collodi's crew.

First, she is arachnid which lets her ignore annoying terrain penalties. She can even scout into buildings and chase down snipers if needed. Then she picks up a corpse counter after the kill.

Second, she is both a scavenger and graverobber. While the graverobber doesn't help Collodi, it allows you to let Collodi pick up his broken marionettes and the Weaver to deny Ressers of their dead counters. You will put them to good use with point three.

Third, she acts as LoL's Annie. In fact, that is the name of my Weaver. Teddy (or Tibbers) is a huge target on the field. Doing a Tibber drop after getting 4 counters is a gratifying experience. This will occur at turn 4 at the latest and most-likely earlier as deaths occur.

• 4 weeks later...
How would Jacob Lynch work with Collodi?

The two don't really mesh well, but they don't clash either. In essence you'd be playing two different styles with them. Lynch is all about card manipulation and keeping brilliance on models while his totem does the work. Collodi is about speed and chip damage with the marrionettes. Your points would be spread as you'd need certain minions for each of them to work at their best.

Aha thanks.

I have heard that Zoraida works well with Collodi, what other master works well with the Puppeteer?

Zoraida and him are like Pea's and Carrots! Love em

You could try using him with Pandora, focusing your efforts with the stitched and giving them the WP bonus and handing out low WP duels with Dora. I think She'd have an issue keeping up with the crew though.

Dreamer and Lilith also have their own things going with their characteristic. Big Z and the puppets go a really long way with Collodi. I don't see much other master mash-ups with Collodi other than Zoraida.

You could try using him with Pandora, focusing your efforts with the stitched and giving them the WP bonus and handing out low WP duels with Dora. I think She'd have an issue keeping up with the crew though.

I'd say that speed issue is debatable. If you're running 'Dora, you may as well make as much use of Fading MEmories as possible to ensure she does keep up with Collodi (at least marginally well). It's not a terribly difficult operation if at all, methinks, with that ability in mind.

~Lil Kalki