Guardian's corner

Guardian

Very cool concept!

The only thing I liked about that movie was the badguy...

Are you going to draw an anti-guild graffiti on that wall behind them?

Btw... now saying that, I see someone somewhere is going to paint/convert them to look like droogs from Clockwork Orange.

Last edited by Linus Mcmold; Today at 04:08 PM. Reason: droogs

Very much wastrels. I don't recall these wastrels having an ability called Singing in the Rain, though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice way to showcase these minis, really like the bases and the way they fit to one another. My only concern is that they'd not be so easy to handle while gaming as it would be virtually impossible to put them inside a building or a small terrain piece in which they'd normally fit easily.

Nice way to showcase these minis, really like the bases and the way they fit to one another. My only concern is that they'd not be so easy to handle while gaming as it would be virtually impossible to put them inside a building or a small terrain piece in which they'd normally fit easily.

Hi Viruk, this is aboslutely true!

As a matter of fact I playtested the wastrels the other day (btw, theyre awEESOOme!) and they werent really tabletop friendly.

So i decided to pin the walls and make them removable. So now when I want to showcase them i just insert the walls, and play without. Easy :)

Glad you like them!

So, I have started with the walls :)

I am pretty satisfied with the result, but have found out that taking pictures of this will be HARD!

(so if anyone can recommend how to point a lamp to get black to look black and not reflecting white please do!)

Anyhow, onto the pictures!

2013-01-29233008_zpsa636ba87.jpg

The surounding area is chaos black spray (FYI) :D

Atmosphere is much darker irl.

2013-01-29233514_zps0e206c45.jpg

Cheers!

Amazing work there! I'm a huge fan of bases with some kind of theme/story, and these are amongst the best I've seen!.

Your painting skills have blown me away, I'm slightly hesitant to try and paint my desperate mercenary after seeing yours.

I always find the hardest thing is to start. Just try it, and practice. Patiently. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

I had so much fun and relaxation painting these walls! Im kinda sad they're done... there is still the cobble stone street to do, though! :D

The only thing I would say, and this is a personal preference, is that I would push the shadows darker on the NMM. That's just me though, and you've got the understanding of light that is always the major point of good NMM so feel free to ignore me!

Feeling a bit of the noob, but what is NMM shorthand for?

This is an awesome concept and I look forward to seeing the finished product. Is this for a painting competition?

I think he's doing those for the Wyrd 2013 painting competition on Wamp forum.

If anybody is interested here is the link to the comp itself and Justin's announcement for it here on Wyrd forum...

AMAZING! first it was a Kirai + Mural wall by Popg0estheworld... now you with the amsterdam street and lamp OSL. IM gona have to do somnething like this soon! Well done very awesome!

Now that would be a very difficult competition to judge. That was such an amazing crew, and this crew has the same sort of potential.

• 1 month later...