Crazy Cat Lady - Hoarcat Prides

Arkion

Hey forums,

I'm a new player with ~10 games to my name, all with Perdita and the Ortegas. I really like this game and I'm thinking about picking up a second crew. That said, it's an unusual idea. Just thought I'd get a couple opinions before I commit to buying it.

Rasputina (35)

-Essence of Power

Hoarcat Pride

Hoarcat Pride

Hoarcat Pride

Hoarcat Pride

Hoarcat Pride

Hoarcat Pride

Soul Stone Cache 7

So, Rasputina becomes the crazy cat lady. She stands back, does her spell slinging, and the Hoarcats lurk about the board to do whatever the scenario requires. The fun of it will be seeing the look on my opponent's face when I field the list, and the synergies Hoarcats get when they operate in conjunction with each other.

Yes, it will be horrible against nonliving, Ht 3 models. It definitely has some glaring weaknesses. That said, would it be fun?

If you've had good or bad experiences with Hoarcat Prides, would you mind sharing your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Ahh, I forgot about the Cerberus. Perfect. Have you seen anyone run a list like this before? I'm trying to be goofy, not groundbreaking, obviously, but I'd love to know if there are any battle reports or other people who find this idea as entertaining as I do. Thanks again for the replies!

As a fun whacky list no problem

...and if your club allows proxies no harm

Otherwise buying 6 prides :Paralyzed_Puppet:

It will likely get you killed but it would be fun, reminds me I need to get a 3rd pride for basing, the cats are great little mods and I want to get some to plop on bases.

Try it have fun - write a nice report :-)

Yes it can be fun, but it probably only has a limited life of fun. I wouldn't recomend buying that many Hoarcat prides.

Looking through the serach engine, it was an interesting list that was used in playtesting, but I don't think it has stood the test of time very well.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?6978-Ice-Kitties&highlight=Crazy+lady

Its not fast, or durable. The addition of the Cerberii can allow you do do one or two interactions, but they are also not durable so likely to die quite quickly.

Of course that turn when you actually eat Perdita or Lileth makes up for several bad games of no fun, but I still wopuldn't recomend it as a way to spend your money when you are starting the game.

Ahh, I forgot about the Cerberus. Perfect. Have you seen anyone run a list like this before? I'm trying to be goofy, not groundbreaking, obviously, but I'd love to know if there are any battle reports or other people who find this idea as entertaining as I do. Thanks again for the replies!

The first tournament I played in back in 2009 had a lady playing the crazy cat lady list. I was looking forward to running my pigs against it but never drew the matchup. I cant recall how she did unfortunately.

I've really enjoyed learning the game with Perdita, and I think it'd be fun for me to teach other people how to play. That said, Perdita is pretty badass, and I have a hard time pulling my own punches. The cat-lady list seems like a nice way to ease new people into the game, while at the same time challenging myself and (hopefully) amusing other players. Plus, it'll look nice in the display case.

I appreciate all the feedback. I've bought Rasputina, Cerberus and a couple Prides. I'll post up a report when I get an opportunity, and try to remember to give a painting log link, too. Thanks again!