Star Wars VII

I agree, I wouldn't want to see New Jedi Order and Legacy, they are literally galaxies apart from the what Star Wars was. There are plenty of great stories between then and episode VI. Many of which aren't even focusing on the core characters. For example I think the Rogue squadron books would make a great TV series. If they were to make the Thawn trilogy or the Courtship of Princess Leia they would have to find new actors to play Luke, Leia and Han Solo, mind you that is the only real key positions that would really need to be filled as you can just bring back Genevieve O'Reilly to play Mon Mothma.

I am mixed on this. Worried Disney may milk this.

But they did bring us the Marvel movies and they have all been pretty great. I know there are people already yelling for Joss Whedon to direct it but I am not sure he has the right tone for Star Wars.

I just hope this means we may get an unaltered version of the original trilogy on Blu-Ray soon.

I agree, I wouldn't want to see New Jedi Order and Legacy, they are literally galaxies apart from the what Star Wars was. There are plenty of great stories between then and episode VI. Many of which aren't even focusing on the core characters. For example I think the Rogue squadron books would make a great TV series. If they were to make the Thawn trilogy or the Courtship of Princess Leia they would have to find new actors to play Luke, Leia and Han Solo, mind you that is the only real key positions that would really need to be filled as you can just bring back Genevieve O'Reilly to play Mon Mothma.

I have been shouting for the Thrawn trilogy to be made in to movies for eons now!

I'm more excited to see what Disney does with Kingdoms Hearts and Star Wars levels...

Aside from that, I'd hope the new trilogy is good. It's one of those things where you need to keep out of your head. Everyone has "their" star wars. The way the film made you feel and what you remembered when you first saw it. A new trilogy will never give you the same feeling that the originals did, and a lot of people will hold it to the same standard of "their" Star Wars, which will cause some mixed reviews.

Ranting aside, I'm hopeful and really excited to see how Star Wars will be intergrated into other media disney owns, as well as their parks.

I'm pretty sure joss whedon is too busy with Avengers 2 at the moment

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Director rumours and a funny video

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/05/star-wars-episode-vii-director-rumors

• 2 weeks later...
I'm personally hoping for a Thrawn trilogy, that, or something completely different.

Amen. In my dream world, Disney gives Timothy Zahn a giant pile of money and tells him to get to work.

However, I recognize that there could certainly be issues with casting (try to use those willing from the original? Accept a recast is necessary? Accept that it might work/be better to just let that be history and move forth with new characters altogether?), but yeah, cautiously optimistic.

Today I was on Reddit, and word around the front page was that Disney and Lucasfilm want to take the Marvel route and make character movies based within the Star Wars universe, culminating in epics similar to the original tilogies.

It's interesting to consider how that can work, but I also dread thinking about how that can fail.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

EDIT: Here's the link!

http://blastr.com/2012/11/disney-planning-2-or-3-st.php