Mollyfaux: The Beginnering

Sholto

Would love to have the guts to do individual models with an airbrush.
Zero guts required, tbh. I started with a primed model. I sprayed the yellow on in a nice even coat, not worrying about overspray, since I would paint over that later. Then I went back in with some orange and hit the bottom of her dress, making sure to keep the airbrush at a distance so that I got a smooth transition from orange into yellow.

That was it with the airbrush :)

A wash of Gryphonne Sepia helped tie in the colours and define the edges, and the rest of the model was done with traditional hairy stick techniques.

Airbrushing a single part of a model like this is dead easy, and the result is more than worth it I reckon.

EDIT: and I just realised I haven't painted her feet :slap:

Edited by Sholto

Cheers, all :)

Here are some more models in her crew:

Rogue-Necromancy.jpg

The base for the Rogue Necromancy will be built up so that its feet are actually touching something! I found the neck joins were terrible, and basically just cut them off and made my own joins out of greenstuff. Adding hair and fur hides the joins nicely.

Grave-Spirit.jpg

The Grave Spirit is a very easy model to paint! Airbrush a dark brown/ grey mix at the bottom, blend into a medium grey in the middle and then blend up to Vallejo Rotting Flesh at the top. Then a wash of Sepia and Brown with some drybrushing blends it all together. Very easy.

Necrotic-Machine.jpg

Ponto was a bit of an experiment with metallic tones, and is not completely successful, but has taught me a thing or two. I may well go back and give her a pink ribbon :)

PS. to give you an idea of how easy the airbrushing stage is, here are the 10T Brothers with just the airbrushing done. Yellow on all the clothing, then Leather Brown from a very low angle, and then a mix of Yellow/ White from a very high angle. A wash of Gyphonne Sepia ties it all together:

10T-Brothers-Stage-1.jpg