Tournament at Vapnartak in York - Sunday Feb 3rd 2013

Guild Monkee

The annual wonder that is Vapnartak (that's the same as Varpartnik for Malifools listeners) returns to York on 3/2/13 and this year there'll be a Malifaux tournament. I've provisionally booked room for 20 people but this might be flexible if there's a lot of interest. The rules pack is available here (http://www.yorkgarrison.co.uk/media/kunena/attachments/4960/Vapparulespack-final.pdf)

For those who don't know, Vapnartak is a mini-con (as in small convention, not the rubbish little robots from Transformers Armada!) with lots of different demos, tournaments and traders to pick from. I'll try and sort the timetable so people have time to walk around and see the other stuff that's going on too.

Tickets for this are now available, they're £15 and include your entry into Vappa and your lunch. Just PayPal me the ticket cost at andrew.wiseman@defra.gsi.gov.uk and put a note on it to say who the ticket is for.

Entrants

Jimmy Balderstone - paid

Chris Holloway - paid

Shane McDowell

James Doxey - paid

Sam Wood - paid

Joel Henry - paid

Mike Marshall - paid

Nathan Chenery - paid

Gareth Parfitt - paid

Stuart Cain - paid

Adam Reeve - paid

Greg Piskosz - paid

John Wharton - paid

Ian Brocklebank - paid

Josh Brocklebank - paid

Mark Green - paid

Craig Johnson - paid

Ben Halford - paid

Brooks Martin - paid

Adam Hutchinson - paid

Paul Hansell - paid

Due to a drop out, there's 1 ticket available!

Edited by Guild Monkee
Entrants

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How serious people take it varies. I'm sure there'll be people there more worried about the bar than what their crew is doing. Best way to learn is to just get stuck in so I'd say go for it. I'm generally around at least one day per weekend so I'd be happy to show you the ropes. If you DM me your email address we can get something sorted out.

How serious people take it varies. I'm sure there'll be people there more worried about the bar than what their crew is doing.

I didn't know any of the Welsh had signed up? :-P

@ Whatever - There's also quite a few of us playing in Harrogate on a Thursday night if you want to make the trip down to see us. MX tournaments are a lot of fun and I've never met a more welcoming bunch of players.

Yes that was last year! snow snow snow

@mythicFOX

Would have loved that but work till 8 on a Thursday so no chance unfortunately however if you or anyone run something over a weekend be great to get a game in! Sorry I know this isn't the thread and i do feel like i'm hijacking it please feel free to delete my posts if so.

But one question to you guys where are you buying your figs from? Just before i make my order later this evening. I have a thread in the new players area with my shopping list its under 34th birthday if you could pop them on there so I can leave this thread for what it is designed for plus any advice at this point would be great cheers, hope to meet you guys at York in Feb. :)

• 1 month later...

I've been battering out the details this week and met with the Vappa organisers on Monday. A full rules pack is nearly finished but here's the highlights.

Tickets are £15 and include entry to Vappa and lunch.

3 rounds of 2 hours so plenty of time to look round at other stuff.

Have booked room for 20 people but have wiggle room if we need more.

I'm adding a couple more fun bits to the day that I'll announce later.