Anyone Use the New Clear Bases.. Show Them Off!!!

MDL1113

I would probably like the clear bases better if they didn't have the slots already in them. They just don't look right with having to cover the slot on so many models, or having the model on its slot blocking part of the whole translucent effect.

While I am very much enjoying them on by Rasputina crew, I admit this confused me too.

• 2 weeks later...
Lighting effects look cool or as display models but I just dont think they work for gaming models unless it fits the theme (eg ice).

I like the bases to almost blend into the table so they almost dont look like models any more.

That's what I liked when I looked at World Works Games' Terralinx [prior to their teaming up with Wyrd for Terraclips]. It looked like video game graphics on the gaming table. Last night looking at their new line of Terralinx, Deadfall, I was surprised it wasn't licensed as part of TerraClips.

I like the bases to almost blend into the table so they almost dont look like models any more

I can relate to this and in any other gaming system I would agree but I find for someone like myself who is new to Malifaux and is not completely aware of the full miniatures range I find the clear bases something really useful for spotting my crew!

• 3 weeks later...
Lighting effects look cool or as display models but I just dont think they work for gaming models unless it fits the theme (eg ice).

I like the bases to almost blend into the table so they almost dont look like models any more.

I was thinking about making it so that I would have different bases for different terrain, like using magnets or something similar.