New Hampshire Through the Breach - 11/10/12

Silas Cordell

Howdy,

I will be running a Tournament on Sat. Nov 10th, at The Game Castle in Londonderry, NH. This tournament is designed to cater to newer players, and I will even have some crews to loan out. Event information as follows:

Through the Breach

25ss Fixed Master

Gaining Grounds Domination

3 rounds, 90 minutes each

All Strategies are shared, Schemes will be unique

Round 1: Slaughter

Round 2: Plant Evidence

Round 3: Claim Jump

Entry is $5

Registration to begin at 11, play to start at noon.

Please PM me with any questions or to RSVP.

Matt

Edited by Silas Cordell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see so many responses.

There are no painting requirements, but models must be assembled. Proxies are strongly frowned upon.

Any and all help with terrain would be welcome. The store has a large collection of terrain pieces, but many of them are too large to be of much use in Malifaux. The more small terrain pieces we have for Plant Evidence, the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, this is still all set.

Prize support so far includes:

Certificates for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, painting, and sportsmanship

Store credit out of entry money

Miss Demeanor (not sure who this will go to, possibly a raffle)

Wooden spoon for last place

So, best painted will be at least the certificate. I haven't set any of the prizes in stone yet.

Silas... I'm curious if you have any gu-estimate on number of attendees?

I was thinking of posting on the 'mailing-list' to let everyone know who may have forgotten. Any objections?

That would be great. I can't hazard a guess on attendees, but if everyone who has talked about coming makes it, it could be over 20. We'll see what happens on Sat.

I will talk to Castle about their page tomorrow, but they're notorious for not keeping up to date.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Just as an update, I am officially changing the name of this event to New England Soul Harvest, since the RPG is Through the Breach. I hope to make it an annual event.

Well run event, surprised to see so many players attending, nice to draw a crowd from all over New England for the event.

Smoothly run, positive energy and great terrain were all major factors at the first Soul Harvest!

Highlight of the day for me was actually coming in second for painting, what an honor! And thanks to my fate deck for all its Masks getting me 3rd overall.

Thanks, Silas, well done, sir, well done. (and nice hat)

I had a great time at the tourney, got more games in then i have in a while while also meeting some new people . Sorry I had to leave before final wrap up but i was pushing my luck with the the fience as it stood.

The turn out was great and everyone was so happy and friendly gotta love when you can keep that in competive gaming. Looking forward to the next time.

Yeah really well done.

I was awesome to see so many other players in the area.

I had a blast, my (lack thereof) score, is no indication of the amount of fun I had. Even though the cards were not in my favor for round 2 or round 3 I had such a blast. I saw a completely new master (Marcus) in Round 2, and in Round 3 I was able to kill Mei Feng in turn 2 with 1 activation of Misaki but still lose the game. It was a roller coaster ride and that's exactly why I love this game.

Well done Silas, totally set the standard for future Malifaux tournaments in NH. Looking forward to what the NH henchman have in store in the next few months. Oh and Amanada is a Malifaux shark, good job teaching her :).

I'm glad most of my terrain was made use of, need to flesh out the Sulfur fields with more of my own 'abandoned mine' stuff, but glad people enjoyed some of it. Thanks to TruAskew for bringing all his terrain as well.