Yo, Neverborn, who's the Neverborniest?

Tuesday

Is it Lilith, the notorious Nephilim people use to scare their kids?

Or Zoraida, the one pulling all the strings from the swamp? (Also the oldest)

There's also Pandora and the Dreamer, because they're pretty terrifying too, and Lynch, because [mumbles]

Basically-- from a somewhat fluffy standpoint, who do you feel is the quintessential Neverborn? Like how the Guild has Lady J who unites the populace and is sort of deferred to on a lot of stuff, and the Arcanists have Ramos who is DonBot. If the Neverborn had a face to the people (and players) of Malifaux, who would it be?

Or Zoraida, the one pulling all the strings from the swamp? (Also the oldest)

Well first off Zoraida should not be the oldest, as she is actually human and Lilith remembers Zoraida being young as if it was not that long ago.

Well if it is a face for the people, it is Lilith. She is the figurehead of the majority of Neverborn, the symbol that even the Guild recognizes. Now if it is the person that keeps the tactical and planning of the Neverborn going in a course of action, Zoraida. Lilith is a warleader and a politician, it is not to say she does not have foresight and strategic planning but she adknowledges Zoraida's expertese in manipulation, planning, plotting, and foresight. If Lilith is the face, Zoraida is the brains.

Pandora cause she's the incarnation of the most dangerous aspect of the neverborn... the ability to blend in, to hide among humans until it's to late.

Objectively speaking, ability to blend in and hide among humans must be the least Neverborny (-ish?) of them all. It's cool, sure, and it's pretty scary, but it means hiding the Neverborn in you and being something else... so it can't be the Neverborniest. Candy, Cade and Teddy, that's another story, but we are comparing the masters, not the crews... aren't we?

I'd say it'd be tie between Lilith and Zoraida if not for the fact Zoraida was allegedly a human who switched sides long time ago (if I remember the fluff right).

lol, quite true :Paralyzed_Puppet:

But i'm not saying Zoraida or Lilith are wrong choices, they arguably are the big deal, it's just that i associate Neverborn with Nephilim alot, and while lilith is their master, she doesn't scream "Nephilim" to the eye, while Nekima does.

Edited by Sybaris

Had to go with Lilith. Nephilim where the crew that got me into the wonderful world of Malifaux (as my name suggests) I also like how the crew sits with Mythology, Mother of Monsters and all.

And it seems I'm about to have a Lilith revival after playing her in the doubles. It seems that the crew I have love for is the one I'm playing at the time. So I might be using her in upcoming league.....

To me, Lynch and the Dreamer don't fit into the Neverborn mold at all. Lynch is a servant to a Tyrant, which it seems like the Neverborn are dead set on fighting to the bitter end. Nytmare comes from a completely different dimension, so he's not really a native of Malifaux as the Neverborn were initially characterized. Honestly I'd consider Ophelia or Somer closer to Neverborn than Lynch or Nytmare simply because Gremlins *are* denizens of Malifaux.

Zoraida is a human, though she's been warped by Malifaux. But even she herself acknowledges the limitations of her being human to Lilith when the Hooded Rider is mentioned in Twisting Fates, noting that she is not Neverborn in blood. Though I suppose the argument could be made that if the Hooded Rider revealed itself to her then she could qualify. And Pandora struck me more of a "weapon" than a "person" really.

So if I had to rank

Lilith

Zoraida

Pandora

Nytmare

Lynch

Ahh, I had no idea Zoraida was a human. Goes to show I need to brush up on my fluff. This (and the Resser thread) is really just sort of research for something I'm working on, and I thought it'd be best to go directly to the experts on those factions I have no idea about. Thanks for the help, everyone.

I also thought Nekima would have a case as far as influential Nephilim go (as well as sheer menacing-size factor), but I'm trying to keep it to masters for now.

Edited by Tuesday

Lilith, cause she is the master of Malifaux and the Queen of the Neverborn

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also Lilith is the oldest gets to tell everyone what to do, even her big sister

just to correct this a little, Nekima is older than Lilith :P :Powerful_Puppet:

To me, Lynch and the Dreamer don't fit into the Neverborn mold at all. Lynch is a servant to a Tyrant, which it seems like the Neverborn are dead set on fighting to the bitter end.

I thought Neverborn was the term for all sentient inhabitants of Malifaux, as of pre-breach?

For I do not think Tyrants can be discounted when summing up Neverborn. Weren't Tyrants Neverborn that grew so powerfull the other Neverborn no longer could stand against them?

I thought Neverborn was the term for all sentient inhabitants of Malifaux, as of pre-breach?

For I do not think Tyrants can be discounted when summing up Neverborn. Weren't Tyrants Neverborn that grew so powerfull the other Neverborn no longer could stand against them?

I would guess that what he meant was that even if Tyrants were Neverborn, they now pursue their own agenda while the reminder of the Neverborn, as a faction, actively try to stop them as well as pushing back the "invaders" from earth.

Otherwise gremlins would count as Neverborn too, unless i am mistaken about their origin.

Zoraida and Pandora have humna like qualities and are the most subversive. You could definitely large for the dreamer, but he possess human childlike qualities through the child aspect. Can't comment on Lynch yet, but its got to be the mother o' monsters as the poster girl for the born (and she seems to be the one alot of us start with, at least where I play).

The brains behind the operation...well thats another poll

I do find it funny though that over half of the actual "Masters" in Neverborn are actually human (Zoraida, the Dreamer and Lynch). Granted, in at least two of those cases, there is more to the "Master" relationship than just the model called the Master.

In same way even tough Neverborn top goal is to defeat the tyrants most of them are using their powers

Pandora's box, LCB is one and the hungering darkness might be one