Marcus vs Hoffman

96p

Hey guys,

last saturday I played Marcus vs Hoffman and it was frustrating. Yes I got 6vp but it seemed so futile to try and kill Hoffman. Avoiding him seemed impossible, cause he's just to damn fast and to kill him I had to get close to him only to be nuked away by his pulse.

Any Ideas ? Lists ? Schemes ? to help me beat him next time ?

I played Sabotage and Stake a Claim

The few time i play vs Hoffman with marcus i first kill the peacekeeper then the guardian and do not worry about the totem. Once those two are scraped the puch in Hoffman's crew is removed. what did u run in your Marcus army? What was run in the Hoffman army?

Without knowing what was in the Marcus force it is hard to say if it was luck or something else that caused the issue.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Vs Hoffman it is better to have more models than strong models because of armor.

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

C. Hoffman
--
5 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [4ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Mechanical Rider
    [9ss]

• Peacekeeper
    [9ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Marcus
--
6 Pool

Jackalope [1ss]

• McTavish
    [7ss]

• Myranda
    [7ss]

• Shikome
    [8ss]

• Silurid
    [5ss]

• Silurid
    [5ss]

with the hoffman protect chain it is not that easy to pick the target yourself ;)

The right schemes are key, most of the above suggestions seem right in my opinion, and never count out breakthrough, when running silurids and other fast models then you can usually forget worrying about completing it till the 4th/5th turn because of leap!

When playing Hoffman, there is usually always something that gets caught out on the wing or slightly behind the big hammer core he moves around in, the blessed of december is perfect for this!

I prefer when playing Marcus to only use beasts but if you dont mind then a gunsmith is never a bad thing, but I would deffinately replace McTavish with the blessed!

Hope this was some help.

Mr. Soulstone

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

C. Hoffman
--
5 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [4ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Mechanical Rider
    [9ss]

• Peacekeeper
    [9ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Marcus
--
6 Pool

Jackalope [1ss]

• McTavish
    [7ss]

• Myranda
    [7ss]

• Shikome
    [8ss]

• Silurid
    [5ss]

• Silurid
    [5ss]

with the hoffman protect chain it is not that easy to pick the target yourself ;)

I tend to like night terrors, min damage is one even with armor so go for the three night terrors vs two Silurid. Not sure about McTravish, for seven points I think there is better options. The rattler comes to mind or a walguist, poison or armor is always good vs Hoffmen.

I find Myranda is best with other masters because you only save Marcus one point, sense she can only shift in to 8 ss or less beast.

When fighting armor it's all about nickel and diming them to death.

I tend to like night terrors, min damage is one even with armor so go for the three night terrors vs two Silurid. Not sure about McTravish, for seven points I think there is better options. The rattler comes to mind or a walguist, poison or armor is always good vs Hoffmen.

I find Myranda is best with other masters because you only save Marcus one point, sense she can only shift in to 8 ss or less beast.

When fighting armor it's all about nickel and diming them to death.

She can also transform much more easily in a ramos crew, since the mobile toolkit can give her the required tome.