Ryle

The Godlyness

Not getting fully automatic trigger (double ram): Make damage flip, if severe flip another damage card for 1/2/4. If severe (4 dg) then flip again on 1/2/4. Continue until you do not get severe (remember you cannot cheat this flip)

Getting fully automatic trigger (double ram): As far as I'm aware you would do two 1/2/4 dg flips and if either got severe that would trigger one more flip. Basically the same as before but you are doing it twice. (No cheating on these two either)

At least this is the way I've been playing it. Hopefully that helps you.

Ok so if I get automatic fire te trigger happens before the actual damage flip. But if it is severe would It activated his gun. for an addtional 1/2/4. Then when the actual damage flip happens and if its severe it would ativate his gum again. For 1/2/4. Now if either of the activated 1/2/4 is severe would it do another flip? Also why cant I cheat a damge flip?

You can't cheat the damage flip for the extra 1/2/4 flip because it specifically says on his card "...may not be cheated". You may of course cheat the original damage flip. It's only the subsequent flips from fully automatic that you may not.

The automatic fire trigger happens after the damage flip. Order is:

1. Main damage flip (same as any other model's damage flip)

2. Fully automatic trigger (if activated) flips 1/2/4.

3. If that's severe then flip 1/2/4 again.

4. Repeat 3 until not severe

5. Now if the original damage flip was severe then you repeat stages 2-4 but for his gun effect rather than the fully automatic trigger.

Hope that's helped you buddy.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

And thanks for clearing that up as well Clousseau.

Ok now.

Hoffman as my master k.

Activate ryle shoot three times. Activate hoff cast overide edict then give something else sloe to make him fast. Use ....that abilty that makes hoff fire rules gun. Then use a 0 to have ryle activate next. shoot three more times. Then use Hoffmans totem and cast override edict on hoffman to then give the same thing slow and shoot ryle 3 more times.

So that's ryle shooting 10 times right? Any way to make it more? I don't think so. Hopefully 10 gatling gun will kill things.

Edited by The Godlyness

Ok now.

Hoffman as my master k.

Activate ryle shoot three times. Activate hoff cast overide edict then give something else sloe to make him fast. Use ....that abilty that makes hoff fire rules gun. Then use a 0 to have ryle activate next. shoot three more times. Then use Hoffmans totem and cast override edict on hoffman to then give the same thing slow and shoot ryle 3 more times.

So that's ryle shooting 10 times right? Any way to make it more? I don't think so. Hopefully 10 gatling gun will kill things.

Sorry this is wrong. Totem cannot cast override edict as it is a 2 AP spell and magical extension can only be used to cast a 1 spell. Most you can get out of him with JUST Hoffman is 7. Also there is no need to use Link In as Override edict says he activates straight after anyway

From memory Ryle only has critical strike on his concrete fist thing so unless you're machine puppetting him you may as well declare fully automatic if you can. I don't always cheat in a severe to trigger it though. Prefer to save severe cards for other things. Unless you use Watcher to guarantee severe that is.

Ok so I read his gatling gun and it says after causing severe damage with this weapon Target suffers a dg 1/2/4 flip which may not be cheated.

Now can I cheat the Fully automatic trigger. (double rams). Since it is a damge flip and does npt say sit can't be cheated this leads me to believe i can.

Also which takes priority ifi use fully automatic. Does fully automatic happen immediately then gatling gun. Or does gatling guns 1/2/4 flip happen first. For the sake of arguement the original damage flip was severe.

Would it be first flip 4

Gg (gatling gun) 1/2/4

Fa (fully auto ) 4 severe

Gg 1/2/4

Fa 4 severe.

Gg 1/2/4

Fa not severe.

Total up damage.

Or

Original flip severe (4)

Fa 1/2/4

Gg severe 4

Fa 1/2/4

Etc

Also would it be

Original flip severe

Gg severe

Gg severe

Fa

Fa

Or

Original flip severe

Fa sever

Gg 1/2/4

Fa due to prior Fa severe

Gg1/2/4

Wow wall of text.

Are you guys 100% sure that you can really keep flipping for the gatling gun forever until you stop getting severe?

As I read it, it says that if you flip a severe with the Gatling Gun, you get to flip another 1/2/4 damage which may not be cheated. It does not say that this can trigger again. If it had read something like "if you flip severe, flip another damage flip with the gatling gun", or if it had explicitly stated that it can trigger again.

As I see it, this additional flip is totally separate from the actual weapon, it's just an extra trigger that can happen. It doesn't even have the same damage profile..

I haven't ever thought about it being the way you describe before I read this thread, I hadn't read anything like this before which is why it confuses me. Please point me in the right direction to find a clarification on this if you are 100%.

...Now can I cheat the Fully automatic trigger. (double rams). Since it is a damge flip and does npt say sit can't be cheated this leads me to believe i can.

Are you looking at the model stats in Rising Powers or on the card? The card is the more up to date version and says that you cannot cheat on either the Gatling Gun effect or on the Fully Automatic trigger. This basically makes these two things identical (both being 1/2/4) so I don't think it would matter which order you did them as they both have to go against the original target.

Actually you can get more. You need Ryle, Hoffman, Lucius and a dog/Guardsmen for Lucius to sacrifice and get reactivate with. 13 shots

Ryle cannot be the target of Issue Command because of Can't Connect. Issue Command requires "target friendly guardsman or Elite Division". If you've been using 6 Issue Commands on Ryle to shoot holes in your opponents, you might want to wear a helmet and have a clear line of retreat to the door when you tell them it's illegal. ;)

I'll expand on that. As Maintain Machines has no target it allows you to ignore cant connect. Thus allowing you to machine puppet and issue commands etc to Ryle. To work though it does require Ryle to stay within 6" of the Hoff

Or the mechanical attendant if he is in the crew as he has "Maintain Machines" as well.

i take it as did your Ggun cause severe if yes make a 1/2/4 flip. that flip is under gatling gun is it severe if so 1/2/4 flip.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

edit

Are you guys 100% sure that you can really keep flipping for the gatling gun forever until you stop getting severe?

As I read it, it says that if you flip a severe with the Gatling Gun, you get to flip another 1/2/4 damage which may not be cheated. It does not say that this can trigger again. If it had read something like "if you flip severe, flip another damage flip with the gatling gun", or if it had explicitly stated that it can trigger again.

As I see it, this additional flip is totally separate from the actual weapon, it's just an extra trigger that can happen. It doesn't even have the same damage profile..

I haven't ever thought about it being the way you describe before I read this thread, I hadn't read anything like this before which is why it confuses me. Please point me in the right direction to find a clarification on this if you are 100%.

I'll expand on that. As Maintain Machines has no target it allows you to ignore cant connect. Thus allowing you to machine puppet and issue commands etc to Ryle. To work though it does require Ryle to stay within 6" of the Hoff

Huh. When I tried this, it was explained to me that the wording on Hoffman's Maintain Machines allows a construct to ignore its own abilities (so a peacekeeper can avoid its own breakdownage, and Ryle can decide to be Significant without killing anything) but doesn't allow Lucius to ignore Ryle's abilities. Since it's Lucius's spell that's 'looking' for a target and Maintain Machines says 'ignore their listed abilities'. In effect, Ryle can ignore his abilities, but Lucius cannot ignore them.

Made sense to me at the time, but I see what you guys are saying. Go our side, I guess?

Edited by Manlapas

Additionally... if you flip a red joker you get the additional dmg flip on 1/3/4 for the Joker and one 1/2/4 because the Joker counts as severe... if any of these flips is severe you get an additional one and so on... not to forget fully automatic xD

Killed more than one model with 17+ dg this way.

I got a question, how reliable is PullmyFinger.com?? I know alot of players use it as a guide. Since people are talking about giving Ryle the "unlimited ammo" cheat I looked at the site and right under offensive they say "neither of the additional flips cause any further flips on severe dmg" so its either people getting " 17+ dmg" are doing it wrong as with a red joker+ additional flip+trigger+gun ability only equals 16dmg ( 12 dmg with just a severe+ trigger severe+ gun ability severe) OR the people at pullmyfinger are wrong. I'd just like to know a DEFINITE ruling one way or another so I know better how to play against and with him in tournaments.