Question

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This is the text after the 2nd picture in the Errata document:

Am I interpreting the last sentence correctly that after you climb the wall you "gain" a free movement of one base length because you place the model beside the wall on the roof? The picture shows this but I always played as you have to pay to "enter" the roof too.

Answer this please, because we always played it, like Csonti said

EDIT: i screwed up the quotes

Edited by Caleb

The Ronin v2 card that I have differ from the Outcast v2 pdf.

Always for Hire: When this model is in play, a model with the Use Soulstones ability may spend 1AP and discard 5 soulstones during its activation. During the End Closing Phase, summon one Ronin. If the model whe used this ability dies before the Ronin is summoned, place the Ronin in this model's controller's deployment zone.

Should this not be in the Model Errata/Clarification?

A question from a newbie: what takes precedence when there are conflicts between the rulebook, a card, the FAQ, the model clarification, or a Marshall ruling? Is it just a case of "newest overrules everything previous" ? I'm thinking of the specific ruling by Ratty that casting expert can be combined with general ap to cast a (2)spell which the new FAQ contradicts. It's quite a big change and seems to hugely decrease the usefulness of the casting expert ability, so I wanted to make sure I have the system correct.

From experience, when it comes to basic rules, abilities and spells, the errata (newest) takes precedence over the cards and then the rulebooks' stats.

The FAQ clarifies how an ability is used (bury) or any clarifications as noted by WYRD and I'm guessing from the reports of the Henchmen.

Now, Ratty's notes and Henchmen rulings are for situational concerns. So for example, during a tournament scrap, a clarification was requested by a player. The Henchman will reference the rules, cards, errata and FAQ. If these sources fail to provide a concrete solution, the Henchman would set the ruling (either by flipping on who gets what or by the henchman's interpretation of the rules) and for the rest of the scrap/tournament, that ruling stands until Wyrd releases an errata tackling that issue.

You need to check the dates on things, there were several threads and even an errata that predated the Rules Manual and the new FAQ. Generally speaking the stuff on the Malifaux Bad Things Happen website is the material that should take precedence.

Or support a wiki, that would be dead sexy.

The current FAQ's, Errata, clarifications and V2 cards (for those that have them) are all maintained on the Malifaux Bad Things Happen website. Additionally, the Pullmyfinger wiki does usually see revisions after significant updates (the Dreamer looks a lot different than he did a few months ago).

Archiving old/ resolved threads is a great suggestion however is also a ton of work to do well (without carte blanche archiving all threads prior to a certain date, which risks killing unresolved threads also).

Since it was pointed out to me that everything Ratty posts is official errata I'd like to apply for adding the following errata according to the Dreamers "Master of Dreams" ability to the Resolved Issues Thread.

For reasons of comparison I insert here the original text from card an book. The relevant change is highligted with bold font style.

A Crew containing this Master gains one Soulstone to the Crew's Soulstone Pool at the start of the Encounter for each Nightmare it hired, up to a maximum of five.

After you have purchased your crew you get 1ss per Nightmare (up to 5) to add to your pool. This can not take you above 8 pool in a Scrap.

Ratty said it on here, that's official.